v21 Kodi drops 40+ frames every 30 minutes or so.
Exclamation 
Hello,
Kodi Omega drops 40+ frames around every 30 minutes or so. I had the same problem in Kodi Nexus.
This issue only happens with a nvidia  card and only with Kodi, I can see the same video under other players and the files play with no errors throughout the movie/show.
This does not happen under any other circumstances, such as amd card, linux or even the kindle fire.
The system's specifications are as follows:
Windows 11 Pro.
Nvidia 3080ti (I tried other cards, issue only happens when a nvidia card is used)
i9 12900KS
32GB of Ram
Synology NAS 1 Gigabit connection
Sony xr-85x95j (tested all modes: gaming, graphics, imax Etc.
I have posted the log at wuwososufa.kodi (paste)
I would really appreciate all the help I can get, I have been having this issue for a long time and I have exhausted my options.
Dear moderators, please let me know if I have posted this request for help in the wrong section and move it to the proper place
Again, I cannot thank you enough for all of your help and support.
Sincerely,
Giloz Lodiaz
¡¿Beg your pardon?!... english is not my mother tongue, please bear with me...
Kodi V. Nexus and Omega, Aeon MQ 7 Nexus and Omega & Aeon MQ 8 Nexus and Omega Modded by @latts9923
ECE, MCS.
What leads you to say that frames were dropped? All 40 at once or happening little by little?
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Exclamation 
Hello there,
About every 30 minutes, video starts to get choppy and stutters, it skips all those frames within 3 to 5 seconds.
When I start a movie I press ctrl+shift+o and I see 0 frames skipped, around 30 minutes into video, it starts stuttering and skipping frames then video goes back to normal and I press ctrl+shift+o again and I see all those frames skipped.
I will capture the error and upload it so people reading this issue has a better understanding of what is happening.
Thank you for looking in to it, your help is greatly appreciated.
Best regards,
Giloz
Kodi V. Nexus and Omega, Aeon MQ 7 Nexus and Omega & Aeon MQ 8 Nexus and Omega Modded by @latts9923
ECE, MCS.
As you can see, it dropped and skipped all of those frames within 7 seconds:
Uploaded the log for this session at ririluvizi.kodi (paste)
Again, thank you for all of your help.
Sincerely,
Giloz.
ECE, MCS.
There is a lot of addon noise in the log and it's difficult to read.
During playback there is a "service.upnext" loging a bunch of "trying to load setting definitions from old format..." every 10 seconds.
There is also script.embuary.helper triggering and doing something...

To simplify things it would be good to try a brand new install with default settings and skin and no additional addons.
You can rename your Kodi user folder and let a new one be created with default everything, or you could install Kodi in a separate directory that allows read/write without special privileges and run it as portable (-p command line parameter).
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Hi, per your suggestion I did a clean install, with no extra addons installed and it only had a couple of skips throughout a 2+ hour movie.
I will do more testing and I will update this post with the relevant information.
I also tried to upload the latest log but I received a message that something went wrong and the log was not saved.
Thank you for all of your help.
ECE, MCS.
(2024-05-05, 00:43)Gilogo Wrote: I also tried to upload the latest log but I received a message that something went wrong and the log was not saved.
That normally means the log is too big.
The paste site can take approx 16,000 lines per paste. Try splitting it into two uploads.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I was able to upload the log to kodi_11.56.55.log.txt  
What I believe the relevant information starts at 2024-05-04 11:57:01 through 2024-05-04 11:58:00
{{CVideoPlayerVideo::OutputPicture - timeout waiting for buffer, CVideoPlayerVideo::CalcDropRequirement - hurry: 1} as soon as Skin Helper Service --> Started Background worker... starts]
Please Let me know if this is OK, if not, I will go back and split log in 2 sections.
Thank you for all of your help.
ECE, MCS.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi drops 40+ frames every 30 minutes or so.0