configuration Dilema
Hello all

I have a huge amount invested over the year building and configuring music playlists

To put into perspective of the over 165 playlists that i have some lasting 3 hours and some lasting over 20 hours *that i use when driving a car or my motorcycle on long trips.

My playlist are all on my nas so each device will use the same playlists and if i add or modify a playlist all devices will see that same playlist. For this i use the path substitution 

I installed the Jellyfin addon in kodi
Jellyfin will not read my playlists
On an other HTPC in the new installation of kodi i did not install the jellyfin addon. With the pathsubstitution activated I does see and play all my playlist and i have a Jellyfin client running.

although both software use m3u playlist for some reason jellyfin does not read kodi playlists (it dews pick up the playlist from the playlist folder but the playlist name folder is empty) 

Now it seams with the new kodi version the extension of the playlist is m3u8 Huh??

Here i can use Jellyfin for my videos and Kodi to play my music  Not an optimal solution for 2024 

How do i get around and resolve this issue? 

Thank you for any help
Best regards to all
BikerDude
HTPC with 16gb ram M-Audio LT1010 sound card feeding McIntosh 7205 power amp Magneplanar 2.7r and Velodyne dd12. All connected to Sony smart tv.
All media on 2 fully redundant TrueNas VMs installed on Proxmox servers. Running Kodi. Everything works brilliantly until i screw it up
Not much I can add here; I don't use Jellyfin but suggest perhaps if the Jellyfin addon has a support forum or someway to address the author you may have some luck.
Don't know if your jellyfin addon does any useful logging when debug logging activated (sometimes needs to also be set in addon settings).  That might provide some clue how the addon is attempting to access music playlists.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
configuration Dilema0