XBOX Dolby Vision from Mkv problems
Hi everyone, I have Kodi 21 Omega on my Xbox One X. Kodi detects Dolby Vision in the file information but when I play it on the TV the Dolby Vision is not activated and the played file has color display problems. Does anyone have the same problem as me? Thanks
Kodi on Xbox can't play Dolby Vision files.
Also if my Xbox support Dolby Vision?

(2024-04-20, 18:31)jjd-uk Wrote: Kodi on Xbox can't play Dolby Vision files.
(2024-04-20, 18:38)dancap89 Wrote: Also if my Xbox support Dolby Vision?
Even then.
To be more accurate you won't have correct colors for dolby vision files that do not have hdr10 compatibility.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Can you clarify what you mean here?

Xbox series x support dolby vision and  Kodi 21 does as well, but it's still not working for my dolby vision files or and doesn't appear as an option anywhere.

Thanks!
"support dolby vision" is kind of misleading since it comes in different "flavors" and depends on if you are referring to "rips" or sources.  Typical interest is profiles 5, 7, and 8.  You need to be more specific.

scott s.
(2024-04-23, 01:34)Balugasnap Wrote: Can you clarify what you mean here?
Kodi 21 does not support native DV playback on Xbox so you will either get HDR10 if the file has it as a fallback or you'll get messed up colours.
(2024-04-23, 01:34)Balugasnap Wrote: Can you clarify what you mean here?

Xbox series x support dolby vision and  Kodi 21 does as well

Not quite true.

Kodi does not support playback of Dolby Vision on all devices, even if the device itself may support Dolby Vision. Kodi's support of Dolby Vision relies on the device or operating system providing a openly documented means of accessing the Dolby Vision decoder, this does not exist with the Xbox as Microsoft only provides this to a few selected App developments.
Thanks for the replies!
Hello everybody,

I have a similar issue with Kodi Omega on my Xbox One S. Video files with HDR10+ or Dolby Vision are displayed on my TV (however the TV confirms only HDR), but the colors are way too bright and many details are not visible. So from the discussion above I understand Kodi cannot somehow show HDR from a HDR10+ or Dolby Vision source file?

The reason I'm asking is that the Xbox bluray player can play 4kUHD disks with movies in Dolby Vision in a similar manner, but then the tv also confirms "HDR" but I donot see any color issues. Not sure if this is merely accidental and dependent on the movie itself, but is the bluray player capable of displaying a movie encoded with Dolby Vision simply as standard HDR?

Incidentally, the Kodi app on my TV (Android) can display Dolby Vision or HDR10+ correctly...it has even a setting in the "player" section where you can choose your preferred HDR mode. Unfortunatelly I don't prefer to use the TV Kodi app as my sound options are more limited as I can only use ARC audio and I can't get Atmos to work with it.

Any thoughts on this are much appreciated,
Thanks much. Great app by the way, works very intuitively!!

Best regards,
Subbi
Kodi on the Xbox cannot play Dolby Vision or HDR10+ and will only play HDR10 if they have a compatible HDR10 layer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dolby Vision from Mkv problems0