Remove the "Recordings" button from IPTV simple client
Hello -

Since IPTV Simple Client does not natively support DVR recordings with additional addon(s) and such (as well as available storage for recordings), I think the 'Recordings" button on the main page is a bit confusing. Is there a simple way to disable/hide the display of this button?

Thx
It’s used to VOD streams found in the M3U.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
Like m3U stations that are tagged with "catch-up?" I am aware of that, but as it happens I don't have any such stations in my current feed. Even if I did, the word "Recordings" just says DVR to me. 

Back to my original question: is there a flag I can set to remove this button from the screen? If not, can I change the label from "Recordings" to something more specific like "Catch-up TV?"

Thx
(2024-04-02, 17:33)Capt_Kirk Wrote: Like m3U stations that are tagged with "catch-up?" I am aware of that, but as it happens I don't have any such stations in my current feed. Even if I did, the word "Recordings" just says DVR to me. 

Back to my original question: is there a flag I can set to remove this button from the screen? If not, can I change the label from "Recordings" to something more specific like "Catch-up TV?"

Thx

No, I don’t believe so. Many users have multiple PVR addons. And in that case we can’t change the name it will be shared across them. It’s an interesting feature idea though.
I'll be as specific as possible: I'm not asking the developers of this addon to do anything that would affect the user base. I'm asking if I, myself individually, can either hide or rename that button on my specific installation of Kodi on a Linux box?

For instance, if it's pulling its label from the language files in Kodi, can I change it there? Or can I comment out a line of code somewhere? Or can I do something with the Kodi general config to make it go away? 

Something along those lines.

Thx
This is not controlled by the addon at all. It’s part of kodi core.

Of course you can change it, you would just need to rebuild Kodi. The language id reference should be in one of the estuary skin files for PVR.

I’d start looking in xbmc/addons/skin.estuary/xml
If you are going to rebuild, I suggest just building the addon and disable recordings altogether here https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.iptvsimp...e.cpp#L112 if is that troublesome.

You can edit the translation file too, but there might be more than ID to change.  One to look for in addons/resource.language.en_gb/resources

Code:
#. Label for a context menu entry / button to start/schedule a recording
#: xbmc/music/windows/GUIWindowMusicBase.cpp
#: xbmc/pvr/PVRGUIActions.cpp
#: xbmc/pvr/dialogs/GUIDialogPVRGuideInfo.cpp
#: xbmc/pvr/windows/GUIWIndowPVRGuide.cpp
#: xbmc/pvr/PVRContextMenus.cpp
#: addons/skin.estuary/xml/Variables.xml
msgctxt "#264"
msgid "Record"
msgstr ""

Martin
@phunkyfish and @emveepee, I appreciate the suggestions and guidance. I was hoping for something simpler. Of the two, rebuilding the add-on seems more direct, but then it becomes a custom version or fork that will not benefit from future updates to the original add-on, so I'm starting to think this is a dead end.
Do you actually having media from iptv simple under “Recordings” or do you not use it at all and just don’t want to see it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remove the "Recordings" button from IPTV simple client0