XBOX Auto-upped to Omega - lost a lot of skins, settings
Information 
Hey gang,

At some point my Kodi updated to the new Omega build on series X.

I'm not actually sure how, as I never let my series X auto update any software..

Anyway, since the update, a lot of skins have disappeared (also seem vanished from default Add-ons repo).

Any ideas what's happened?
I've never get thus happen before.

I've lost a lot of customisations and tweaking too (possibly all of it).

I run an XboxOne also with the same config (was hoping to manually correct all the configging). Altho.. doesn't explain why the extra/optional skins arent in the Add-ons repos...

Something a bit strange going on.

Can anyone help?
Kind regards.
Check the store as that version has been removed now.
Skins have to be updated for compatibility with Omega afaik.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Question 
Sorry....the Omega has been removed?
or something else?

- it sounds like I'll need to set everything up again?

(I basically use the Eminence skin)
-my info might be out of date, but historically, Eminence often took a while after a new main build to get a compatible release.

Thanks! 👍🏻
(2024-03-13, 14:22)PantsOnFireAgain Wrote: Sorry....the Omega has been removed?
Yes.
This is proving awkward.

I uninstalled Kodi, reinstalled from the Store, Omega remains.... 🤷🏻

What's going on?
Is there some deep-rooted filing or cache somewhere I need to delete?

I wish there was some more visible guidance on this...
I have no idea because it worked for this user:

(2024-03-08, 15:07)chapsrl Wrote: It looks like they rolled back the version to 20.5 in the store.  I uninstalled and reinstalled and it's all working again now.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=376556
Just to clarify, is it true that Eminence is in no way possible at the moment (on the latest Kodi Series X build) (Omega) ?

as the previous method (reinstalling to that reverted build) no longer seems to work.-Omega is now the current option offered on Store.

-im not seeing Eminence in the list of downloadable Add-ons in the default repos.

--is there a supplementary repo we need to use? or is Eminence just not supported yet?

Kind regards. 🙏🏻
There's a whole sub-forum to ask that - https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213

As indeed someone already has although without an answer yet.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Can somebody please tell me why after updating Kodi, it loses all my settings?

literally everything including:

File sources, add-ons which were installed, shortcuts on home screen, you name it.

And this is from Omega (not sure what version exactly) >>> to Omega (presumably a .point update)

--somebody told me elsewhere in the forum Kodi never auto-updates, and that it's down to the user to switch off auto-updating in their Xb- dashboard.

However, I launched it today and after the splash screen, 'update available' (or words to that effect). Naturally, I chose to update.... Wish I hadn't

Back to square 1 in terms of config...
this is not supposed to happen, is it..

?

Very annoying! 😬
(2024-04-10, 18:39)PantsOnFireAgain Wrote: However, I launched it today and after the splash screen, 'update available' (or words to that effect). Naturally, I chose to update.... Wish I hadn't
In Kodi you'll only ever see a notification that there is a newer version available but that's it - it can't update itself.
Ok fair enough. Maybe in remembering it wrong..

But it shouldn't losing my settings.. should it?

I'm talking about an update which got triggered today. (From whatever to whatever) -I'm not aware the exact build numbers..
(2024-04-10, 23:20)PantsOnFireAgain Wrote: But it shouldn't losing my settings.. should it?
No, I pretty sure we'd have heard about it by now if that was the case. Doesn't help you I know.
(2024-04-10, 23:20)PantsOnFireAgain Wrote: Ok fair enough. Maybe in remembering it wrong..

But it shouldn't losing my settings.. should it?

I'm talking about an update which got triggered today. (From whatever to whatever) -I'm not aware the exact build numbers..

Kodi 21.0 has bumped the ABI version for skins, so every skin has to be updated to support Kodi 21.0 Omega. Only compatible skins will show in repository obviously

On XBox and Android, Kodi will auto update unless you have explicitly disabled autoupdates (affects all applications, not just kodi)

And you could run into problems if the skin you were using is not supported by the newer version of Kodi and that you will lose. Other than that all other kodi settings will be intact
Kodi 21 Windows 10 and 11 | 21 Xbox One X | 21 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64
(2024-04-12, 02:11)gujal Wrote: On XBox and Android, Kodi will auto update unless you have explicitly disabled autoupdates (affects all applications, not just kodi)

Yes, this is the point that people keep getting confused over.
Kodi itself (as in the app) will not auto-update on its own, all it will do is notify you that an update may be available if such is the case.

However the OS itself may automatically trigger the update of Kodi (and as you say, all apps) if it is set up to do so.
Android normally is by default, although that setting can be changed in the Play Store.
Windows also does if Kodi is installed via the Windows store, and seemingly X-Box has followed that.

The skin ABI bump was predicted to cause some issues, which is why we explicitly called it out in the release blog and the skinners were notified that it was happening almost a year ago so that they could be ready.
But it's one of those situations where we can only go so far in warning people, at least if we don't want to completely halt releases.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto-upped to Omega - lost a lot of skins, settings0