tvOS Failed to Make Kodi from source
I'm trying to build Kodi from source to contribute to the tvOS version, I'm getting the below errors after the following commands:

Code:
./bootstrap
./configure --host=aarch64-apple-darwin --with-platform=tvos --prefix=$HOME/xbmc-depends
make

System specs:
MacBook Pro m3 Max
Sonoma 14.2.1
Xcode 15.3
tvOS SDK 17.4

which pkg-config   ->  /opt/homebrew/bin/pkg-config
installed by rbenv which is required by other projects so can't be removed 

Logs:
https://paste.kodi.tv/laqaxociha
Xcode 15.3 has moved to an llvm 15 base. It has raised some compilation warnings to errors by default
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/24824 fixes the dependency building, however there is a failure in the core app I haven't got a suitable fix for as yet.

You will probably find it easier to roll back (or install in addition and switch to it) an older Xcode version. Anything before 15.3 should be fine
Thanks a lot! That helped in running make indeed, but now I got stuck at this error when trying to run the generated project on my AppleTV with tvOS 17.3

“Kodi” Needs to Be Updated
Domain: IXUserPresentableErrorDomain
Code: 17
Failure Reason: The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of tvOS.
Recovery Suggestion: Failed to verify code signature of /var/installd/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installd.staging/temp.BAxNM4/extracted/Kodi.app : 0xe8008029 (The code signature version is no longer supported.)
Welcome to dev. You'll either need to dive in and find a fix (and hopefully PR it) yourself, or wait until someone else has time to do it.
I want to help the project by specifically adding support for HDR and DV, but all my 13 years of iOS experience won't help me figure out project specific build issues, specially when the main codebase is in C (not much C and make experience here). Changing around the project settings got me passed the previous error message, yet the app won't install on the Apple TV with the below error message. Although I checked many times and I do have proper signing settings setup for the project, also funny that they have this useless iOS text in the error message when the project is clearly targeting tvOS

Failed to verify code signature of /var/installd/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installd.staging/temp.WmpYM8/extracted/Kodi.app : 0xe8008015 (A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found.) 
Verify that the Developer App certificate for your account is trusted on your device. Open Settings on the device and navigate to General -> VPN & Device Management, then select your Developer App certificate to trust it.

It might be because my Apple TV is already on tvOS 17.3, so I probably have to wait for the project to be buildable against Xcode 15.3

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Failed to Make Kodi from source0