Channel up/down buttons won't work when starting Live TV via "PlayPVRTV"
Hello,

In menu settings, I changed the "LIVE TV" button for my Home screen to go to directly to live TV via "PlayPVRTV" instead of the default setting where it goes to the channels list. I also edited the keymap and made a keyboard shortcut for "PlayPVRTV" and put that KB shortcut on a button on my Harmony. Both ways work fine to launch live tv, but if I use either one of these methods, the channel up and down buttons do work or not respond at all. If I launch Live TV via the Guide by pressing on a show that's airing, and hit "Switch", now the channel up and down buttons will tune the next channel.

My PC is using a WMC IR Receiver and the Harmony remote is programmed as a "Media Center PC". The Channel up/down buttons on the Harmony are simply left alone as "ChannelUp" and "ChannelDown". From what I understand Kodi is set up to work with these basic commands from a media remote and works fine when tuning through the Guide. The behavior is exactly the same using the default Kodi KB shortcuts via remote or keyboard (Up/Down arrows for changing channels).

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Not the end of the world as channel surfing days are mostly over but wouldn't mind getting it working. Wasn't sure which forum to post in exactly, but I'm using Kodi 20.2 / Aeon Nox Silvo / NextPVR backend if that makes any difference.

Thanks!
To clarify that was supposed to say the channel up and down buttons do NOT work or respond at all. Can't edit posts on here I guess.
Do you have the <FullscreenLiveTV> block in your custom keymap?  If so did you try Estuary?

Martin
(2023-12-12, 15:40)emveepee Wrote: Do you have the <FullscreenLiveTV> block in your custom keymap?  If so did you try Estuary?

Martin

Hello Martin, thanks for the reply. I am sorta fumbling my way through all of this. Actually, I had completely forgot that I used the keymap editor add-on to re-program the channel up / down button presses. Those did not work using the default MCE remote from the Harmony at all (even when tuning via the guide). The result was the userdata/keymaps folder has the gen.xml file with:
<fullscreenlivetv>
<keyboard>
<key id="53299">channelup</key>
<key id="53300">channeldown</key>
</keyboard>
</fullscreenlivetv>

Now the buttons will change channels, but only when tuning a channel via the guide, and not using "PlayPVRTV".

I suppose I could have easily got the same result by programming the Harmony's channel up/down button presses to up/down arrows (default Kodi KB commands to change the channels) instead of leaving them as "channelup" and "channeldown".

I did trying deleting the gen.xml file entirely, and restarted Kodi and it's all the same behavior. I tried Estuary, it doesn't seem matter which skin, the behavior is identical. If I try actual PC keyboard, even the up/down arrow does not change the channel when starting live tv via PlayPVRTV, only if I tune a channel via the Guide, then everything works fine. Hopefully that all makes sense. Not sure if it's a bug, or if I'm doing something wrong. It's not the end of the world if it can't be fixed but figured I'd ask.

Thanks!
I assume they should map to 101 and 102 to be up and down

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channel up/down buttons won't work when starting Live TV via "PlayPVRTV"0