Can I run ServerWMC with no tuners?
I recently had to give up on keeping my old windows 7 box alive and have switched to Kodi with NextPVR on Windows 10 for all new recordings. I have an HDHomeRun Prime cablecard tuner, and everything there is working fine. But I still have a pretty vast amount of stuff recorded in Windows Media Center. I do have WMC running on Windows 10, but I can't get it to recognize the HDHomeRun tuners (which is why I gave up on WMC and went to NextPVR). 

I would like to be able to use ServerWMC to feed those recordings to the Kodi I have running upstairs, like I used to. But with no tuners in WMC, ServerWMC won't start. I came across a post referencing a hack that fools ServerWMC into thinking that there is a tuner configured in WMC so that it will start, but the link was dead so I can't find how to actually do it! Does anyone here know a way to make that happen? Basically I just want to run ServerWMC to serve those existing recordings, I don't need guide service or live TV to be fed through.

(I mean, what I really want is for WMC to see the tuners like NextPVR does, but I've given up on that dream and moved on.)

Thanks for any help!
As an alternate solution, I wrote a utility NextTool which should import WMC WTV files with metadata into NextPVR.  If  you have old dvr-ms files I don't have samples of those to try.  It won't import DRM'd files but Kodi can't play them anyway.

The utility also handles SageTV, TVHeadend, VDR and TV Mosaic metadata but it will also do basic filename and nfo importing.

If you want you can follow up on the NextPVR forum.
Thanks! I'll check it out. My files are all .wtv.

-Andy
If you don't want to setup a share you can run NextPVR backends on both Win 7 and Win 10 since Kodi core added support for multiple instances.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I run ServerWMC with no tuners?0