HDHomeRun ATSC 3 recordings
I have been using @djp952's addons for a long time (they are fantastic), but my question is about the Dolby AC-4 audio codec.  As, most are aware, the ATSC 3 broadcast, use the AC-4 audio codec.

When I "record" the NFL games, my HDHomeRun DVR selects the ATSC 3 version of the stream, instead of the ATSC 1.  So, when I play these recordings under Kodi, using @djp592's addon, I get no sound.  

I recall that there is mention of this issue being worked on, any updates??

Thanks
We rely on ffmpeg for a cast majority of our decoding, and as far as I'm aware, or at least last looked into it, it still hasn't been merged even in dev branch of ffmpeg.

There are patches for ffmpeg that do it, so technically if your adventurous one could compile it into kodi. I'm sure there would be some extra changes in kodi code required as well however.

Essentially as, and when, a released version of ffmpeg supports ac4, we'll then support it.
(2023-10-16, 20:58)Fuzzard Wrote: We rely on ffmpeg for a cast majority of our decoding, and as far as I'm aware, or at least last looked into it, it still hasn't been merged even in dev branch of ffmpeg.

There are patches for ffmpeg that do it, so technically if your adventurous one could compile it into kodi. I'm sure there would be some extra changes in kodi code required as well however.

Essentially as, and when, a released version of ffmpeg supports ac4, we'll then support it.

Thank you for the update and information.
Compiling is out of my pay grade, I would not have a clue.... Smile
When I watch channels broadcasted in ASTC-3, I get no sound and 'audio' setting shows 'no track'. Is this because of the same reason?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDHomeRun ATSC 3 recordings0