What is the best approach for going through an m3u file for building a channel list?
I have just subscribed to an IPTV service (for a month) and test out a live TV experience. So far, it's going well. The main .m3u file is absolutely massive and takes 20-ish minutes to load. To reduce loading times, I broke this file down to about 100 channels that i knew i wanted into a smaller file which decreased loading times. I didn't care for doing it this way because it was pretty labor intensive and some channel logos are not loading on the TV guide; whereas in the full m3u list they do load...also I feel as if i've missed some channels that i may have wanted (It's easy to miss when reading the entries directly in the m3u file and transferring them to a smaller file. I would like to get into grouping channels by category...doing this through the interface with the full list is very slow and would take a lifetime to do 1 by 1. Organizing directly in the m3u file does not put channels into a group list within Kodi, but does break the full channel list down to something more manageable. 
In an effort to try and find the balance between maximizing my channel list/ getting them sorted into groups/keeping the channel list loading time to something reasonable (1-2 min at most)....
My question is, what is the best way to read an M3u file and group channels that i can load into the Kodi interface after I'm done?
Where does Kodi make a file that indicates a group list? Perhaps i can make the groups and channel listings directly in a file without having to use the interface to move them into a group. The reason is, every time i move a single channel into a group there is a 1-3 second freeze to kodi while the channel is moved into the selected group....with having to do at least 100 channels (full list is something to the tune of 50k channels)..obviously this is a problem.
Kodi ver.19.1  Aeon MQ 8 Matrix Mod Windows 10 
nobody knows, or understands my question, i guess?
Usually your provider would allow you to build a custom list of the channels you require and then just use that.

Also, we don’t usually field questions on the best way to organise massive channel lists.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
I ended up doing some digging on my own and found this useful
https://m3u-editor.com
You don't need an editor. You can easily create and edit a M3U playlist by yourself, and have better control over it.
Check here how to do it: <mod edit - link to dodgy piracy tutorial infested site removed>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What is the best approach for going through an m3u file for building a channel list?0