Solved LG WebOS 6 and Kodi
Why can't you just buy another RPi and stick it on the back of the LG with an HDMI connection straight in?  You can still use UPNP to share the library from the first Pi to the second (although the experience will be less optimal than using f.e a shared database between the two).  Easier than trying to persuade your TV to find Kodi's UPNP server and cheap to do.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2021-12-19, 17:39)black_eagle Wrote: Why can't you just buy another RPi and stick it on the back of the LG

Perhaps because, due to popular demand, the RPi4b is not really available in shops right now. The earliest new shipments speak of 2nd half of February.
(2021-12-19, 17:55)Klojum Wrote: Perhaps because, due to popular demand, the RPi4b is not really available in shops right now. The earliest new shipments speak of 2nd half of February.

Hmmm, The PiHut has 2GB and 4GB RPi's available and in stock for next day delivery.  Possibly depends upon where you are in the world but doesn't seem to be an issue in the UK unless you particularly want the 8GB version.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2021-12-19, 17:03)NathanDrake Wrote:
(2021-12-19, 15:41)MatteN Wrote: Its just the 2021 models that have webOS 6.

Oh ok.. so it's not possible for me I suppose, because I don't have any "Photo and Video" app. Thanks.

Then I'm afraid that, at this moment, there are no viable native solutions..

I take back everything I said. Kodi UPnP actually perfectly works but apparently the UPnP protocols in general takes a lot of time to index things!
My TV just synced the Kodi library.
If anyone wants to know: just wait (even several hours depending on the library size) and then go to Home -> App List -> Media Player.

You should also see your Kodi library in the line after the apps list, the one of the "Home Dashboard" and the HDMI ports.

Thank you to everyone!
(2021-12-19, 18:04)black_eagle Wrote:
(2021-12-19, 17:55)Klojum Wrote: Perhaps because, due to popular demand, the RPi4b is not really available in shops right now. The earliest new shipments speak of 2nd half of February.

Hmmm, The PiHut has 2GB and 4GB RPi's available and in stock for next day delivery.  Possibly depends upon where you are in the world but doesn't seem to be an issue in the UK unless you particularly want the 8GB version.

It's correct what @Klojum said. The main reason is that RPI4 are not so easy to find right now and also there's no need to spend money for something you already have.
Thread marked solved.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-12-19, 18:04)black_eagle Wrote: The PiHut has 2GB and 4GB RPi's available and in stock for next day delivery.

Okay, I only recently checked local computer shops. I'm not much into ordering from foreign shops. This is what I see today at one of those shops:

Code:
New supplies expected:
890 pcs on 31-01-2022
900 pcs on 25-02-2022

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LG WebOS 6 and Kodi0