Solved Recording time
Hello,

when I watch a recording, while the recording is still running, the already recorded time is frozen at the point, I started watching. Means, I won't be updated. This is causing the fact, that in case I want to fast forward, I have to restart the recorded file as soon I received the frozen time.
Hopefully, my expalination is understandable ;-)
Is there any chance to change this?

Thanks
Markus
@Freuli i understand your problem and i got a work arround.
just add your recording folder to your sources and start the file via video -> your source
-> no stop
Thanks,
stopping is not my problem. The recording is running over this point, but skipping timne isn't possible any more.

Regards
Markus
Which version are you running? Should be fixed (again) in v3.4.2.
Hi,
I had a look in my addon folder. It‘s 3.7.3.
Currently a nightly build is installed.

Thanks for your support.

Markus
(2018-10-25, 17:14)Freuli Wrote: Thanks, stopping is not my problem. The recording is running over this point, but skipping timne isn't possible any more.
Ah now I get it. It's not about the playback of an ongoing recording but about the shown play length that doesn't change. Yeah, this never worked and afaik there's nothing I can do about this. The way (read: hack) this works is I close and reopen the stream every 30 (or 10 if play position is close to current end) seconds. Kodi caches the time on first open but doesn't refresh it.

Playback of ongoing recordings is just a hack.
Hi,
I would be highly interested in such a hack. Yersterday, I watched a show with my wife during it recorded. We started one hour after the beginning and I forwarded during the commercials. I had to stop and restart the playback 3 or 4 times to be able to forward.
To clarify, the update of the rest time would be nice but not mandatory. The opportunity to fast forward after reaching the "old" endtime for me would be more important.

I would be there to test if available.

Thanks
Markus
As I'm said the whole playback of ongoing recordings is a complete hack. And I don't think I will spend any more time on this. However feel free to send me PR if you found a workaround (if that's even possible). Otherwise I might consider removing/preventing playback of ongoing recordings all together. This way at least the user receives a clear message.
(2018-10-26, 10:46)manül Wrote: Kodi caches the time on first open but doesn't refresh it.
This isn't true anymore with GetStreamTimes in Kodi 18. The MythTV PVR plugin recently fixed this for recordings in progress. The end time counts up as it records/plays. See: https://github.com/janbar/pvr.mythtv/com...1312f83f7c
Hello,

unfortunately I can‘t program by myself but if a Test Version would be available, I would be ready.

Thanks
Markus
I'll see what I can do. However it'll have to wait after Leia.
So I just looked into this and tried to implement it. It's working fine but also introduces a new problem: If the recording is started in the middle of an show I don't know how much time has been skipped. All I know is the start time of the show. This results in displaying a much larger possible seek time than available. I'll talk to the DMS developers if we can extend the API response. Unless this is fixed/worked around I won't publish the fix.

Meanwhile you can download test builds here: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/manuelm/...s/20384476
We've found a way to get the actual start time of a recording. Can you please test: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/manuelm/...s/20390942

Note that seeking to the current end might result in messy times such as the current playtime is larger than the overall playtime. That's kind of expected. The new overall playtime should refresh itself every 30 second.
First, thanks!!!

I will test tonight. How can I install the test version?

regards
Markus
Looks like the artifact upload got broken by a recent Kodi build system rename. I've fixed the script and triggered a rebuild.

You can download the PVR from https://ci.appveyor.com/project/manuelm/...s/20403598 as soon as they are marked green. Click on the build that matches your platform (there are no android builds available). In Kodi (recent Leia Beta or Nightly) upgrade the PVR with Addons -> Install from ZIP.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recording time0