EPG Time is one hour off after daylight savings time ends
My epg has been off by an hour since we switched back to standard time.
I've tried uninstalling the nextPVR client and clearing the guide databases, rebooting and then installing nextPVR. The epg time is correct until I reboot Kodi and then it goes back to being one hour off.

Here's a link to my log: https://pastebin.com/uLYE6x4i

By the way, I am running Kodi on 2 Raspberry Pi systems and only one of them has the epg time problem.
Their configurations are the same except one has more addons than the other and of course they are connected to different TVs.
The one with the additional addons is the problem child.
Is the EPG off in NextPVR's own TV Guide screen? Generally, the only reason it can be off in the NextPVR guide is that you've either got the timezone set incorrectly on your machine, or you don't have your machine set to allow automatic adjustments for daylight savings. Windows relies on both of these to be able to convert UTC date/times to local times. 

If it's fine in NextPVR's Guide, but incorrect in Kodi's Guide, then is Kodi on the same machine as NextPVR? If not, check the timezone settings etc on that machine. I'm not sure what kodi relies on to turn UTC date/times back to local time. 

The only other possibility - you're using an XMLTV EPG source, and it's putting incorrect times on it's TV listings.
I'm running on a pair of Raspberry Pi systems. My NextPVR server runs on a Windows 10 PC and there is no problem with the EPG there. As I indicated previously, one Pi does not have a problem with the EPG but the other one does have the problem.

I also tried deleting the epg11.db file which should have forced the system to regenerate it. However, it appears that a cached version of the epg11.db file dated 10/29 is restored instead.

If there are any other troubleshooting steps I should try, please let me know.

Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 2
Oh, one other piece of information:
Both Pi systems are configured for the eastern U.S. timezone and the displayed clock time is correct on both systems. It's only the EPG that's off on one of them.

(2017-11-12, 22:13)jmooremcc Wrote: I'm running on a pair of Raspberry Pi systems. My NextPVR server runs on a Windows 10 PC and there is no problem with the EPG there. As I indicated previously, one Pi does not have a problem with the EPG but the other one does have the problem.
Ah - sorry, missed that in your original post. It definitely wont be NextPVR related then. NextPVR supplies listings to Kodi using UTC, and Kodi converts them to localtime at a later stage.

I don't use a RPi here, but I'd be looking at the same types of settings I mentioned though...system timezone and daylight savings settings. Since you've indicated it is the right timezone, then it's most likely you need to find the equivalent of that Windows setting to "auto adjust the clock for daylight savings". ie, you can have the right time showing on the device, but if it's not auto adjusting for daylight savings, then it could be set for an hour later UTC time.
The RPi does not have a clock so the OS depends on NTP servers for the correct time each time it boots. This has never been a problem in the past.

Sorry, I don't really know - it's gotta be something RPi related though.
I posted a comment on his thread in the parent forum: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2667599 . The same off-by-one hour issue happened to me on Ubuntu with MythTV in the Kodi EPG. It does not happen in MythTV itself or mythweb. It looks like the UTC to localtime conversion is incorrect in Kodi.
Yeah, it's sounding like that is the case.
Interestingly I set the tz to Detroit (1 hour behind eastern) which appeared to correct the problem (I'm eastern tz New York). However, after rebooting, the problem came back. I then set the tz back to New York and the problem was temporarily fixed again.
But the real question is why this is a problem on one Kodi box and not the other? They both use the same RPi hardware and both are running the most current version of LE-8.02. Could an add-on be the culprit?

(2017-11-15, 01:58)jmooremcc Wrote: Could an add-on be the culprit?​

I don't think so, because it doesn't deal in local times. The listings it hands to Kodi are using UTC date/times. We've also never had an issue with this in the addon before, and this stuff hasn't changed in forever.
I'm sorry, I should have been more specific, I wasn't referring to the NextPVR addon. I actually meant other addons that I may have loaded and/or add-on dependencies that could be contributing to the problem.

@jmooremcc

Then why post in NextPVR forum?

Which ones are you specifically referring to, and I will move your posts to the appropriate thread.

I trust, being a long term senior member you aren't referring to banned stuff.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Karellen
I don't see any of my repositories or addons on the banned list.

No problems. Let me know if you want your posts moved to a more suitable area.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EPG Time is one hour off after daylight savings time ends0