v21 BEST KODI RETRO GAMING FRONTEND AND BEST NON-KODI FRONTEND
Bug 
Dear Friends

I would like to build a retro games console. I've already bought three or four of these retro consoles on AliExpress, but I'm not happy with any of them. Either certain roms don't work, the artwork for the games are missing, the console is buggy, slow or freezes, then again there are dozens of different roms for one game or it's a Korea rom release and can't be understood ...

Since I know Kodi and would like to have one interface for everything, I would like to install a frontend in Kodi and customize it nicely with widgets and everything. But so far I've failed miserably at the complexity of the possibilities Kodi has to offer. But now that I want to tackle this, the first thing I did was find all the frontends that are available for Kodi. If I have to roll up my sleeves, then I want to end up with the best solution in every aspect and nothing should fall by the wayside during the evaluation.

And now you come into play, dear friends 😆

Who can help me and show me the best way to play games in Kodi and recommend a front end? Three things are absolutely important to me:

1. very stable
2. as lean as possible
3. highly customizable

What should I look out for? For the sake of completeness, I have listed everything that is available for Kodi or that I have heard of:

- Internet Archive Game Launcher
- Kodi Launcher
- Advanced Emulator Launcher
- Kodi Retroplayer
- Rom Collection Browser
- Retrobat
- Retroarch

If there is no reasonable solution with Kodi, I would also like to know which front end you would recommend among the following. The list should be pretty exhaustive. What can you recommend for non-Kodi front ends?

- Bigbox
- Launchbox
- Emulation Station
- Retrobat
- Retroarch
- Batocera
- Hyper Base
- Playnite
- Retropie
- Lakka
- OpenEmu
- Nostlan
- Lutris
- Simple Launcher
- All Stars Launcher
- Pegasus
- GameEx
- AttractMode
- QuickPlay
- SimUI
- Retro FE
- GameHub
- Metropolis Launcher
- Feel
- SkeletonKey
- Hyperspin
- MGalaxy
- Emuloader
- Terminal Launch
- Maximus Arcade
- EmuCon
- EmuCenter 2
- Lus Space
- OpenELEC Huh
- LibreELEC Huh
- CoreELEC Huh
- EmuELEC Huh

Can anyone give me one or two recommendations of Kodi and also non-Kodi front ends? A justification would also be very important to me. Try to consider my three main points in your recommendation and always be hardware-independent.

As I said, I would prefer a front end that runs on Kodi. But since I also have an arcade game machine, I would also like to have another recommendation. So far I have installed GameEx on my arcade.

Thank you very much. I appreciate any answers and support you can give me. With this much variety, it's just impossible to know everything.

Rob

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BEST KODI RETRO GAMING FRONTEND AND BEST NON-KODI FRONTEND0