Copy settings from ppa installation to flatpak installation
Hi,

I used Kodi for many years. I use the skin Aeon MQ8 Nexus Mod for Kodi Nexus.
Now I have to install the flatpack Kodi to have Kodi Omega.

Is it possible to copy all my Nexus settings to the Omega flatpack kodi ?

Thank you for your help !
Sure, just copy the content of you current Kodi directory (~/.kodi/) into the Flatpak directory (~/.var/app/tv.kodi.Kodi/data/. Should look like this then:
Code:

$ ls ~/.var/app/tv.kodi.Kodi/data/
addons/   media/    system/   temp/     userdata/
Ok Thanks !

I did that, but is doesn't work. Nothing changed on Kodi Flatpak.

On Linuxmint, the location for Kodi Flatpak config files is :
/var/lib/flatpak/app/tv.kodi.Kodi/x86_64/stable/12f232340d35749eb4513802c12614126cd0b0e631bf809df414063c1c3e332b/files/share/kodi
/var/lib/flatpak/app/... is not the location for user data. You can check where your Kodi user data folder is located by running Kodi with flatpak run tv.kodi.Kodi --logging=console and look for this line at the start of the output:
Code:

2024-04-27 16:55:31.629 T:7        info <general>: special://home/ is mapped to: /home/mark/.var/app/tv.kodi.Kodi/data
Thank you, it worked ! (not completely, but that's ok)
There's a step missing from this procedure: if you want to copy your library database over, you must delete the content of the flatpak Database directory before copying the content of the ~/.kodi directory.
  1. Change to the flatpak Database database directory.
    Code:
    cd ~/.var/app/tv.kodi.Kodi/data/userdata/Database/
  2. Forcibly remove the subdirectories of the flatpak Database database directory and their contents.
    Code:
    \rm -rf *
Then you can copy the content of you current Kodi directory (~/.kodi/) into the Flatpak directory (~/.var/app/tv.kodi.Kodi/data/).
Code:
cp -r ~/.kodi/* ~/.var/app/tv.kodi.Kodi/data/
Remember to include the wildcard * to copy only the subdirectories of ~/.kodi. Otherwise, you'll just get a .kodi subdirectory of ~/.var/app/tv.kodi.Kodi/data/, which is not what you want.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Copy settings from ppa installation to flatpak installation0