Req Rogers Ignite Add-on
I hope I'm posting in the right forum...  

My building recently upgraded to Rogers Ignite (Toronto, Canada) for our TV service, so we do streaming rather than cable.  The issue I have is that my old set-top boxes are now no longer functional, so I won't be able to integrate the channels into my Kodi box.

However - since it *is* a streaming service, I'm wondering if it would be possible to do an add-on to take care of it.  I don't have the coding skills to do it myself, so I'm wondering if any of the crack coders here would be willing to take a stab at it.  I'm guessing that it would be similar to Hulu or Paramount+ in terms of function - but I suspect it might take more than changing the site URL and login info.

I'd be willing to offer whatever help I can.
OTT services are typically DRM'ed, I've had a look at Ignite via a reverse proxy and didn't see any way to do this.

FWIW I replaced my old legacy Rogers boxes with two Ignite boxes which feed NextPVR backend and pvr.nextpvr continue to work for me as before.  I use Linux but Windows would work too.  All I lost was firewire tuning but LIRC has been just as stable.

Martin
Oh, well - can't hurt to ask, right...?   Blush

What capture cards are you using to connect your Ignite boxes to your computer?  I would have assumed that the HDMI output of the Ignite box was encrypted, and would just show a blank screen on my Colossus cards.  But if it works for you, I can give it a try.
Thread moved to addon requests
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2024-04-18, 01:06)Len_Lekx Wrote: What capture cards are you using to connect your Ignite boxes to your computer?  I would have assumed that the HDMI output of the Ignite box was encrypted, and would just show a blank screen on my Colossus cards.  But if it works for you, I can give it a try.
Since that isn't Kodi related I wrote something up on my Rogers migration and posted on the NextPVR forum

Martin
(2024-04-18, 11:37)DarrenHill Wrote: Thread moved to addon requests

Thanks - I wasn't sure I posted in the right forum...
(2024-04-18, 15:41)emveepee Wrote:
(2024-04-18, 01:06)Len_Lekx Wrote: What capture cards are you using to connect your Ignite boxes to your computer?  I would have assumed that the HDMI output of the Ignite box was encrypted, and would just show a blank screen on my Colossus cards.  But if it works for you, I can give it a try.
Since that isn't Kodi related I wrote something up on my Rogers migration and posted on the NextPVR forum

Martin
Blush

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rogers Ignite Add-on0