Information Trying out multiple skins
I have a favorite skin and don't want to mess up my settings.

1) If I load additional skins, will my settings be preserved?

2) Does the settings for one skin get applied to each additional skin or does each skin preserve its own settings from skin to skin?
Each skin has their own addon_data folder in the userdata folder.
(2024-04-10, 22:39)Hitcher Wrote: Each skin has their own addon_data folder in the userdata folder.
I was hoping that would be the case. So each skin would retain its own settings and not pass on or interfere with another skins settings. I'm guessing that if you delete a skin, all of its settings would be deleted also or does it get saved in case you reinstall the same skin again?
(2024-04-10, 22:53)djkilla Wrote: So each skin would retain its own settings and not pass on or interfere with another skins settings.
Correct.
(2024-04-10, 22:53)djkilla Wrote: I'm guessing that if you delete a skin, all of its settings would be deleted also or does it get saved in case you reinstall the same skin again?
You'll be asked if you also want to delete all the settings separately.
Thank you so much Hitcher! I don't know why I never I asked these questions before and always stuck with one skin but I'm glad now you were here to take the time to reply. Gives me renewed excitement to explore Kodi a little bit more after all of these years of using it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trying out multiple skins0