v21 [Omega] Amber for v21
Amber is now in the Kodi repo for Nexus and Omega
Hi,

Suggestion for improvement/adjustment

I primarily use the "Tall List" view for series, and it has always bothered me that the plot in the middle column is only as high as the image in the left column, instead of using the full height like the episode list in the right column.
So I adjusted the parameters a bit to suit my needs at this point:

The file is View_501_TallList.xml
original values
<include content="PanelTemplateTall">
<param name="top">258</param>
<param name="left">605</param>
<param name="height">293</param>
<param name="width">590</param>
<param name="plotgrouptop">160</param>
<param name="plotheight">276</param>
<param name="footertop">485</param>

my values:

<include content="PanelTemplateTall">
<param name="top">110</param>
<param name="left">605</param>
<param name="height">630</param>
<param name="width">590</param>
<param name="plotgrouptop">155</param>
<param name="plotheight">620</param>
<param name="footertop">820</param>

These values work for me, but I'm sure it's not optimal yet. But maybe my idea is good enough to improve the skin in this area for everyone

K.
(2024-05-13, 06:15)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Amber is now in the Kodi repo for Nexus and Omega

is that why it showed update for us running from the omega repo for this? I could not see any difference between 3.99.01 and 3.99.02.
thanks for doing all this.
Hi, since your update I cannot use the icons view with advanced launcher? just shows the background and nothing on the page. and it has a very bad delay when changing views now the skin feels very laggy now?
(2024-05-13, 14:34)dmacleo Wrote: is that why it showed update for us running from the omega repo for this? I could not see any difference between 3.99.01 and 3.99.02.

The only difference between 3.99.01 and 3.99.02 is cleanup to get it into Kodi repo.

(2024-05-13, 23:28)JaredMM Wrote: Hi, since your update I cannot use the icons view with advanced launcher? just shows the background and nothing on the page. and it has a very bad delay when changing views now the skin feels very laggy now?

It seems Bart has commented out some views in MyPrograms.xml. So depending on how you start Advanced Launcher one way works but the other will not.

To test my theory you can try opening plugin.program.akl through Game Add-Ons and see if all the available views still work.

As for the part about laggy...
Sounds like you enabled the New View selector but don't know what it does?

Try changing the above from YES to NO.

I can reenable the views for My Programs, but since I do not know why he commented them out, there may be some odd behavior.
(2024-05-14, 07:15)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2024-05-13, 14:34)dmacleo Wrote: is that why it showed update for us running from the omega repo for this? I could not see any difference between 3.99.01 and 3.99.02.

The only difference between 3.99.01 and 3.99.02 is cleanup to get it into Kodi repo.
(2024-05-13, 23:28)JaredMM Wrote: Hi, since your update I cannot use the icons view with advanced launcher? just shows the background and nothing on the page. and it has a very bad delay when changing views now the skin feels very laggy now?

It seems Bart has commented out some views in MyPrograms.xml. So depending on how you start Advanced Launcher one way works but the other will not.

To test my theory you can try opening plugin.program.akl through Game Add-Ons and see if all the available views still work.

As for the part about laggy...
Sounds like you enabled the New View selector but don't know what it does?

Try changing the above from YES to NO.

I can reenable the views for My Programs, but since I do not know why he commented them out, there may be some odd behavior.

Hello @mikeSiLVO I tried your above suggestion, and still nothing from panel 1 down to fanart they all only display the list view panel 2 is fine and fanart.

| Panel 1, Big panel , Big panel 2 & Icons all show list view, seems to only happen in programs and with my advanced launcher. Movies, Series ect... are all fine. 

(2024-05-14, 17:43)JaredMM Wrote: Hello @mikeSiLVO I tried your above suggestion, and still nothing from panel 1 down to fanart they all only display the list view panel 2 is fine and fanart.

| Panel 1, Big panel , Big panel 2 & Icons all show list view, seems to only happen in programs and with my advanced launcher. Movies, Series ect... are all fine. 

(2024-05-14, 07:15)mikeSiLVO Wrote: To test my theory you can try opening plugin.program.akl through Game Add-Ons and see if all the available views still work.

Yeah, the programs bit is what I mentioned...

Try going through Game Add-Ons, like in the pic.
(2024-05-14, 17:47)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2024-05-14, 17:43)JaredMM Wrote: Hello @mikeSiLVO I tried your above suggestion, and still nothing from panel 1 down to fanart they all only display the list view panel 2 is fine and fanart.

(2024-05-14, 07:15)mikeSiLVO Wrote: To test my theory you can try opening plugin.program.akl through Game Add-Ons and see if all the available views still work.

Yeah, the programs bit is what I mentioned...

Try going through Game Add-Ons, like in the pic.

Hi there, I tried that as well, same issue, I see you mentioned this --> "It seems Bart has commented out some views in MyPrograms.xml.".. would this not be the problem? can they not be added back? If I use the new view selector then the screen is blank doesn't even show list view, and hppens with all the same views effected as above. 

Thanks for the assistance as well.
(2024-05-14, 17:59)JaredMM Wrote: Hi there, I tried that as well, same issue, I see you mentioned this --> "It seems Bart has commented out some views in MyPrograms.xml.".. would this not be the problem? can they not be added back? If I use the new view selector then the screen is blank doesn't even show list view, and hppens with all the same views effected as above. 

Thanks for the assistance as well.

If it is really the same issue when in the Games window then I cannot help you.
I will need a screenshot showing skin debugging enabled.

There are two ways to do this.

First is to alter the skins addon.xml file and change:

xml:
<extension point="xbmc.gui.skin" debugging="false">
<res width="1920" height="1080" aspect="16:9" default="true" folder="1080i" />
</extension>

to this:

xml:
<extension point="xbmc.gui.skin" debugging="true">
<res width="1920" height="1080" aspect="16:9" default="true" folder="1080i" />
</extension>

The second is to add a keymap (wiki) to toggle this on/off. I use F9 but you can use anything you want.
xml:
<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<F9>Skin.ToggleDebug</F9>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

Alternatively, you could post a debug log (wiki) since that would also show what window you're in.

It is the top left part that says WINDOW:

As for the other thing you mentioned...

(2024-05-14, 07:15)mikeSiLVO Wrote: I can reenable the views for My Programs, but since I do not know why he commented them out, there may be some odd behavior.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Omega] Amber for v210