Favorites not playing iptv-simple clinet channels through kodi remote app- part2
Hi,
Can't seem to resolve the error message 'One or more items failed to play'. I'm using an updated Kodi iOS remote-app to control Kodi  (21.0-ALPHA1) on LinuxMint. The app connects and works but choosing a channel through favorites generates an error. Meanwhile my favorites work when I browse them directly from the computer. I posted a similar issue last year for a Windows machine installation for which a fix was created and implemented in Omega.
The original posting is here.

My new kodi.log is here (sorry hastebin isnt working for me).

Tnx.
@ksooo, do you see something in the log which is obviously going wrong?
> Kodi  (21.0-ALPHA1)

That's rather old. Please try Kodi 21.0 (released yesterday) and report back whether the problem still exists.
This was fixed for Kodi 21 Beta 2. => https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/23972
Then I'm not seeing or doing something correctly to upgrade my installation. I've followed instructions on HOW-TO:Install Kodi for Linux and version 21.0-ALPHA1 keeps sticking. I'll try again. The flathub version is even older.
Maybe those repositories haven't been updated yet. Tnx.
Now flathub has the 21 release.

Edit: Did a quick test with IPTV Simple and a favorite. This starts to play when the favorite item is selected via the Remote App.
Many thanks.
In part two of troubleshooting favorites not playing IPTV-Simple Client channels through the Kodi remote app, consider checking network connectivity, ensuring the IPTV source is active and correctly configured, and verifying the remote app's compatibility with the IPTV setup. Thorough testing and troubleshooting steps can pinpoint and resolve the issue effectively.
It seems there might be an issue with the IPTV-Simple Client configuration or compatibility with the Kodi remote app. Double-check the settings and ensure proper setup for favorites playback. Additionally, consider updating both the IPTV-Simple Client and Kodi app for any bug fixes or improvements that may resolve the issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Favorites not playing iptv-simple clinet channels through kodi remote app- part20