Req Move subtitles to the top when OSD is visible
Video OSD covers up the subtitles.

My idea to solve this problem is to add a new option "move subtitles to the top when OSD is visible".
This option should be available only when the subtitle position is set to ("Bottom of Video" or "Bottom of Screen").

thank!
I was looking for something similar to the above. This would be a great feature. Not necessarily to the top but above the video OSD is enough. then when the video OSD is hidden, the subtitles return to their original place.
I thought about this feature a few times myself but what makes this complex is that different skins cover different areas of the screen.
The subs should be moved to an unobstructed area, which doesn't always mean the top or the bottom of the screen.
Estuary for example can display some GUI elements at the top of the screen, others at the bottom of the screen, or both at the same time!
There is also the issue that only non-typeset text subs can be moved.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Yeah, in my own attempts I've blocked myself from moving (or re-rendering) the subtitles on-demand (the subtitles have remained in their original position until the next line was rendered).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Move subtitles to the top when OSD is visible0