How is v21 "release" coming along?
(2024-04-08, 12:24)jjd-uk Wrote: I don't followHuh

For anyone without auto-update enabled there is the version checker addon, so anyone on v20 or lower will get a one time pop up to say v21 is available. So what would be the sensible thing is to check the status of any addons you use, including skin, before you update. If you don't do this and just blindly update then you'll get an incompatible addon pop up once v21 loads.
And that's on you (the user), obviously. What I was thinking about was a check on the skin in use, before the update process starts.

It could issue a message like "Be careful, the skin you are currently using has not been updated for the new release of Kodi. Are you sure you want to proceed?"
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
@ManilaByNight sounds like a database migration failure. The old database is preserved (named MyVideos121 for Kodi v20) and a migration attempt can be done again after removing the failed new db (MyVideos131), even if only to product a log and diagnose the issue.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I've been a Kodi user since the Xbox days, but this is pretty much the end for me. I've run it on Android boxes, mini PC's, Windows, etc. Everything was working fine on Nexus until the f*ing shieldtv/play store did their 'automatic update' the other night. I have always had that 'feature' disabled, but every time there's an update to Android, it seems to re-enable itself. I am sick & tired of it. After the update, Kodi stutters and dies after about 5 minutes of trying to play ANY video file. I have uninstalled Kodi & re-installed the older build, but all the mapping, addons. etc. are completely gone. So now, if I want to continue to use Kodi, I have to remap all my drives/folders/NFS shares, and re-add the addons. WTF??

IT SHOULDN"T REQUIRE CONSTANT VIGILANCE TO ENSURE THAT AN 'UPDATE' DOESN'T FUCK UP YOUR BUILD. I'm sure there are many reasons to blame me for this happening, but I see plenty of comments from others in the same boat and I'm definitely not illiterate when it comes to tech.  Updates SHOULD NOT be enabled 'automatically'.
Does MKA playback work normally for anyone? I've got a Nvidia Shield Pro (2017) and after getting the newest Xonfluence, everything seems fine except a couple of drives asked for a password that never have before (all worked with previously supplied password one time for all, but I set to remember for this location and that seemed to solve that) and MKA playback is wonky.

Basically, when I click on a MKA file, the last audio track shows first, but with the total play time instead of its track length and clicking on it doesn't work/play. All the other tracks (starting with track 01) work as normal. It worked fine on both Matrix and Nexus.

Screenshot of what I'm seeing:

I have run tests with PAPlayer as default (next to last track exits playing after finishing and last track never plays. Gaps are short, but playback is not gapless) and using VideoPlayer (next to last track will continue playing through the last track to the actual album end, but you can't start with that track. Playback is gapless, but counter shows progress in disc, not track).

I've also found the total shown in the right bar for the last track (sorry not shown; I forgot to click on it) shows a duration that makes no sense. In the to be the case of Dark Side of the Moon, for example, it shows 33:29 instead of the track length for track 10 - Eclipse. But 33:29 is about 7 seconds after the start of track 08, Any Colour You Like, not the album total or even the point up until that track starts (end of track 09 Brain Damage).
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
(2024-05-08, 00:30)bubbp Wrote: Updates SHOULD NOT be enabled 'automatically'.

You answered your own point - we do not automatically update anything. The most Kodi will do is notify you that an update may be available.

It is the Play Store (or equivalent) which is doing the update, so if you want to rant, go rant at Google, not us...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
And you messed up you build by uninstalling Kodi which removed all your userdata.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How is v21 "release" coming along?0