Xbox Series X - Video Add-ons not working
Video 
Several video add-ons I've tried on Xbox Series X partially work or don't work at all. 

1. PlutoTV
 This is a great free and legal add-on that I enjoyed for awhile until about a year or so ago. The 'OnDemand' content stopped working giving an error 'one or more items failed to play. Check the log for more information about this message.' There's not a way I know of to paste that log here from Xbox, but I suspect from posts in the 'Video Programs/Plutotv' thread with this same issue, the app needs an update on Xbox Series X. It appears to be 'broken' overall, though there are some things I've tried that do work. I've been coming here for a year or more checking the boards off and on and had hope team members were working on this add-on, but since have seen no improvements. 

2. PopcornFlix
 Another great free movie app, but it will not start or open  and hasn't for at least a year or more. It appears based on reading the Kodi Log that it's not reaching the Popcorn Flix URL Directory. There's also some sort of Python error. 

3. Crackle
 I never tried this one on Xbox until a few months ago, but have on PC. It's another great free movie app, and does open and show the titles of all content. After clicking a movie or TV show, it displays an error 'this Windows Store version of Kodi does not support WideVine CDM. Please use the installer from Kodi.tv instead.' This isn't possible on Xbox since you cannot download anything in the Edge web browser Xbox version. 

If you are currently working on a new update to address these things on Xbox, can we get the latest news? I've tried multiple things off and on for a year or more, and recently deleted and installed Kodi again to no avail. Kodi is a great app and I hope it can be fixed soon for Xbox Series X users. 

Please Help,
Xbox user, Kodi fan
Thanks
These all are piratemovie addons?

Maybe go ask to their devs,and not kodi devs.
None of them are banned addons (wiki).
Indeed all three are in our repo.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Widevine cannot run on XBox, so any addon relying on it cannot be used on XBox, it is the way it is, unfortunately.

Also Windows/XBox still uses py3.8 which is quite old now. All other platforms have forged ahead to 3.10 or 3.11. There are some incompatibilities due to that and that cant be fixed.
Kodi 21 Windows 10 and 11 | 21 Xbox One X | 21 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64
Hi

Did you try with CatchupTV-and-more plugin ? I just wanted to move from Nvida Shield to XBox series X, but I would like to be sure it works

I made it works fine on Shiled with TV and access to my Synology ( DTS & DD + HDR are fully functionnals) on it
(2024-03-05, 21:23)steph06 Wrote: Did you try with CatchupTV-and-more plugin ?

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=307107

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox Series X - Video Add-ons not working0