How to set up a PVR client to record from IPTV source?
I am trying to get an understanding of how to setup a pvr client, both backend and frontend, in order to watch and record IPTV. My goal is to try and mimic my family's current cable experience, while cutting the cord and doing away with our cable provider. I have been using Kodi for several years now, but primarily just to watch movies and stuff I have saved on my network. I've been reading through forums, posts, articles, etc. but can't seem to really understand what I need to do. So this is what I've gathered so far:
1. I need an IPTV provider. I will be using a paid service for this, such as apollo tv group. I used their free trial and was pretty satisfied with the results/watching experience. I was able to follow the instructions on their website to set up in Kodi using PVR simple client. I couldn't get the EPG to work, but I'm now understanding that the channel list may need to be consolidated for that to work. I believe this is to be done through an M3U editor.
2. For recording, I will need both a backend and frontend application and storage somewhere. It seems that I need to have the backend running on a computer somewhere on my network and then connect that to what I'm running as front end (which is kodi?) I am honestly confused by this process mostly as what I have read is dated and dealing more with tuners and cable cards and not IPTV.

Hardware details:
Xiaomi Mi Box running Kodi Nexus 20.3 (android system)
4TB WD My Cloud as my NAS connected to router
Windows 10 PC

So can any of the PVR services actually record IPTV? If so, which ones are best? And is it possible to set up with my current hardware?

Thank you for any help!
https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=175

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to set up a PVR client to record from IPTV source?0