Xbox error after update
Hello my friends,

I'm hoping someone can help me.

I have Kodi on my xbox one original and it was working fine. I got a notification from Kodi saying there was an update available. I was hesitant since every time I update Kodi on xbox one original it completely ruins everything and I end up having to reinstall the Kodi app.

However this time I went ahead and updated.

As soon as the update was done when I tried to open Kodi I got an error message.

I can't find the error number in any Microsoft website.

It's been 2 weeks or more since this happened and there are no new updates and still get the same message.

So I click on the Kodi icon, the K shows up full screen then it crashes and displays the error message:

"Something went wrong
Give it another try. If this happens again, visit xbox.com/errorhelp and enter the following code: 0x8007023f "

I've searched for it and nothing but codes that are similar but none the same.

I did a backup beforehand but have no idea how to access it or where it is. I would like to avoid reinstalling since it took me months to get Kodi just the way I like it.

Any help will be much appreciated
Have you tried a complete shutdown and reboot?
Thank you for your response.

Yes, I tried restart and nothing changed. Then I did a power cycle and everything was the same, unplug the console.

I did all of these steps:

https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/help/hard...le-console
*UPDATE*

Now Kodi won't even open. I click on it and nothing happens.
I'm going to lose everything that took me months to setup....
(2024-02-01, 23:48)Quiero Wrote: I'm going to lose everything that took me months to setup....

recommend using the Kodi Backup Addon, find it in the Kodi repo
Thread moved to XBox support
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2024-02-01, 23:48)Quiero Wrote: *UPDATE*

Thanks for the warning. This ALWAYS happens when they update Kodi on the Xbox. The only thing that helped for me those times is to remove Kodi and re-install it. I don't know if you can recover settings via the "backup" function then because I've got no idea if the Xbox deletes everything or leaves the "backup" on disk for you to use if you ever decide to re-install Kodi.

I've been avoiding the update for a while now. But if you accidentally push the A button twice to start Kodi then it'll update.

Did anybody w/ an Xbox manage to update without any problems?
(2024-02-08, 13:34)xbmcuser01 Wrote:
(2024-02-01, 23:48)Quiero Wrote: *UPDATE*

Thanks for the warning. This ALWAYS happens when they update Kodi on the Xbox. The only thing that helped for me those times is to remove Kodi and re-install it. I don't know if you can recover settings via the "backup" function then because I've got no idea if the Xbox deletes everything or leaves the "backup" on disk for you to use if you ever decide to re-install Kodi.

I've been avoiding the update for a while now. But if you accidentally push the A button twice to start Kodi then it'll update.

Did anybody w/ an Xbox manage to update without any problems?
My Xbox Series X updated to v20.3 here (without any prompt = by Microsoft Store auto update process)
No issues yet (music and movies working fine, nothing lost from my library)
Not yet tested the new HDR10 passthrough feature

I would like to thank Kodi Team Smile
(2024-02-10, 01:46)Chicopower Wrote: Not yet tested the new HDR10 passthrough feature
That's Omega (v21) only.
(2024-02-10, 10:59)Hitcher Wrote:
(2024-02-10, 01:46)Chicopower Wrote: Not yet tested the new HDR10 passthrough feature
That's Omega (v21) only.

And only Xbox Series S/X  (not One)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox error after update0