Random art not random?
I have backgrounds for movies and TV set to random fanart respectively. The problem is that if I just sit on Movies or TV Shows, the images will recycle through the same 10 to 15 movies or TV shows in the same order. They will repeat the same cycle in the same order until I move to another main menu entry and then come back. It will then start a new repeating cycle with a new set of 10 to 15 images. Does this happen for everyone? I have fanart for every show and movie in my library, so it's not for lack of images.
Yes, I know the problem, I've noticed it too. But it was like this before and probably has nothing to do with the new updates.
The built-in way is hardcoded to 25 for performance reasons.

I suggest installing script.grab.fanart to enable alternate options that would cycle through all fanart in the library.

Hi @mikeSiLVO,

can you please point me to the code that limits the random selection to 25. I have quad core Intel NUCs with NVME drive and 2.5GBE Ethernet so no performance issues here. (maybe a new setting in a future Skin release? Random Art Limit: 25 default).

Also, I’d like to see how the ‘randomness’ is coded as my system repeats same ‘Kodi Random Fanart’ every time I start Kodi. It’s not random, it’s a repeated algorithm

THX
(2024-03-31, 08:34)HomerJau Wrote: Hi @mikeSiLVO,

can you please point me to the code that limits the random selection to 25. I have quad core Intel NUCs with NVME drive and 2.5GBE Ethernet so no performance issues here. (maybe a new setting in a future Skin release? Random Art Limit: 25 default).

Also, I’d like to see how the ‘randomness’ is coded as my system repeats same ‘Kodi Random Fanart’ every time I start Kodi. It’s not random, it’s a repeated algorithm

THX

No need to add a setting since the grab.fanart script makes it unnecessary. If you don't want to install that and would prefer to mod the skin then it is the HomeFanartLists include in Includes_Backgrounds.xml.
Thanks Mike.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random art not random?0