Deleting a specific timer in a auto-timer list.
I have a auto-timer list set up for a programme that is currently broadcast at the same time every day.
However, the auto-timer will often re-add episodes previously recorded, that I've since moved to my TV Show library.
If I delete an episode from the auto-timer list because I've previously recorded the same episode, it then gets re-added a while later. Similarly, if a repeat episode actually starts recording, when I manually stop the recording it will re-start recording a few minutes later.
Does anybody know how to permanently delete a specific timer/episode mentioned in a auto-timer list so they don't get re-added to the list and then recorded?

I have noticed there is a 'Disable' option in the context menu, but I wasn't sure if that disabled the specific timer/episode in the auto-timer list, or if it disabled the entire auto-timer list and all programmes mentioned in that list.

EDIT: I've just disabled the episode set to record tomorrow, since its been previously recorded. I'm hoping this will prevent the item from now recording and I can then delete it completely from the auto-timer list after the recording time/date has passed.
That shouldn't be Kodi core and you didn't specify the backend.  I know with NextPVR if you delete any timer created by a timer rule in general it won't re-record.  In fact the previously watched show should not have been created in the first place because deleted and stored recordings are also tracked.

This logic is predicated by the fact that the show can be uniquely identified, which is not always possible.  Also different EPG source can use different methods for identifying shows.

Martin
Thanks Martin.
The backend in this instance is E2/Engima.
The behaviour you described for NextPVR is what I had expected for my backend, but does not seem to be the case.
I've updated the original post with a solution I hope will work for my own needs, by deactivating a specific timer that has previously been recorded. Hopefully, I can then just delete this timer item completely once the recording date and time have passed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Deleting a specific timer in a auto-timer list.0