Solved Kodi nexus sur apple tv 4k 2022
Hi,
I have been trying to install Kodi Nexus for a long time TVOS (apple tv 4k 2022) dernière version and I always get an error :

with xcode 14.2 Big Sur
Unable to install "kodi-20231220-601718ad-Nexus-16927-tvos" ?

with sideloadly  v0.50.1
There was an issue during installation: 0: PackageInspectionFailed (Bundle at path /var/installd/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installd.staging/temp.RgJZNK/extracted/Payload/Kodi.app/Frameworks/libass.framework had an invalid CFBundleIdentifier in its Info.plist: /Users/Shared/jenkins/workspace/TVOS_Nexus/build/build/Debug-appletvos/Kodi.app: could not find /Users/Shared/jenkins/workspace/TVOS_Nexus/build/build/Debug-appletvos/Kodi.app..framework.libass)

all other applications install without problem, kodi matrix installed without problem and works very well !
I searched everywhere on the web and here to find the solution but nothing I think the problem comes from the Kodi file itself.

If anyone has the solution please share...
jc
Hi,
I had the same problem recently, didn't find the time to investigate more.

This is what you can do to fix the issue:
- Download the deb file
- Extract it, then extract data.tar.xz file as usal
- Open with a text edit the file Application/Kodi.app/Frameworks/libass.framework/Info.plist
- Change Bundle identifier value by org.xbmc.kodi-tvos.framework.libass instead of /Users/Shared/jenkins/workspace/TVOS_Nexus/build/build/Debug-appletvos/Kodi.app: could not find /Users/Shared/jenkins/workspace/TVOS_Nexus/build/build/Debug-appletvos/Kodi.app..framework.libass
- Save the file
- Build your ipa file like you do usually

It should works.
Trying to keep Kodi working on tvOS on free time — Former developer of Catch-up TV & More video add-on (GitHub repoWebsite)
Hi sy6sy2,

thanks for the info it worked well with sideloadly but not with xcode.
i had long been looking for a solution so a big thank you and very happy hollyday.
jc
How come this error is still on Kodi TVos 20.3 ??
(2024-01-13, 16:04)ginofalaci Wrote: How come this error is still on Kodi TVos 20.3 ??

because nobody fixed it. -captain obvious
Good afternoon I have an Apple tv4k with tvOS 17.2 and I am trying to install kodi 20.3 I sign it with App Signer and add it through App Configurator and when you install it I enter the Apple tv it tells me that it could not be installed. Doing what you say, the error is corrected because for example I have done the same process but with kodi 21 beta 2 and kodi works on Apple TV without problems.
this is fixed now
Thank you very much, I'm going to put it in, but I don't know if there is any way to make a backup copy to save all the configuration and plugins so that once it's in place, I don't have to put it all back in and not have to do it all from scratch.
(2024-01-20, 12:55)Nekyx88 Wrote: Thank you very much, I'm going to put it in, but I don't know if there is any way to make a backup copy to save all the configuration and plugins so that once it's in place, I don't have to put it all back in and not have to do it all from scratch.

if your configuration and plugins were added "normally" and not inside the deb, then you don't need to take any action

you can still make a backup copy with Xcode - Devices window - select Kodi in the list of apps of your ATV - press the "three dots in a circle" button under the list of apps (in older versions of Xcode the button has "cog wheel" icon) - Download container.
Thank you very much for the help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi nexus sur apple tv 4k 20220