Own buttons for the player after update skin 9.1.0
(2023-12-28, 09:10)Jeffers24 Wrote: Please forgive my non-technical ignorance.

I was referring to the displayed Trakt watched indicators.

The Trakt watched indicators are an issue in all the List Views.

I note you are going to rework the List overlays.

If I install and try the git version, will it update with the next official skin version released through Kodi when it is released?

I do not think you are technically ignorant and neither should you. If you assume I meant that than I apologize.

I am, obviously, disappointed with how many complaints I have received with latest release went…

To answer your question in more detail, yes it will update but again, it is not Trakt watched indicators. It is just watched or not watched.

There is an issue that hopefully is fixed but if not please let me know, with screenshots if possible.
Missed your edit but that error is likely from trying to install master branch on Nexus.

Change the branch to nexus using the dropdown menu.
(2023-12-28, 09:34)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2023-12-28, 09:10)Jeffers24 Wrote: Please forgive my non-technical ignorance.

I was referring to the displayed Trakt watched indicators.

The Trakt watched indicators are an issue in all the List Views.

I note you are going to rework the List overlays.

If I install and try the git version, will it update with the next official skin version released through Kodi when it is released?

I do not think you are technically ignorant and neither should you. If you assume I meant that than I apologize.

I am, obviously, disappointed with how many complaints I have received with latest release went…

To answer your question in more detail, yes it will update but again, it is not Trakt watched indicators. It is just watched or not watched.

There is an issue that hopefully is fixed but if not please let me know, with screenshots if possible.
Please take my posts as requests for help, they were not intended as complaints.

As per my previous post, did I download the correct zip off the git and where do I find the missing dependency when I try to install the zip?
(2023-12-28, 09:40)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Missed your edit but that error is likely from trying to install master branch on Nexus.

Change the branch to nexus using the dropdown menu.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, changed the branch to nexus and the zip file installed successfully.
This version fixes my displayed Trakt watched indicators see before and after screenshots below.
Please ignore the complainers, as they say you can't please all the people all the time, I would add there are some people who will never be satisfied I've met a few of those and they are best ignored/avoided/blocked.
Thanks again for your help this morning.
I managed to change the buttons to my own Smile

(2023-12-28, 18:43)Kasio Wrote: I managed to change the buttons to my own Smile

Was your changed button highlight a standard option in the skin?
These are not standard buttons, I found them a few years ago in .PSD format as a "free buttons", I changed the colors and a little look.
(2023-12-28, 19:09)Kasio Wrote: These are not standard buttons, I found them a few years ago in .PSD format as a "free buttons", I changed the colors and a little look.

How did you generate the blue circle highlight?
@mikeSiLVO thanks for adding the function to change the OSD highlight colour

Also loving the auto close OSD option.
(2023-12-29, 07:41)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2023-12-28, 19:09)Kasio Wrote: These are not standard buttons, I found them a few years ago in .PSD format as a "free buttons", I changed the colors and a little look.

How did you generate the blue circle highlight?

Each button is a separate .png Image, you can put any button after modifying the includes.xml file. The buttons from the earlier version were in the packed textures.xbt file
Textures.xbt can be unpacked with the kodi - texture tool 2.9.2  and we copy all to the "media" folder, we change a few lines in includes.xml and we havey buttons from the early version.
Windows:   C:\users\xxx\appdata\roaming\kodi\addons\skin.aeon.nox.silvo\media\osd\buttons\
Android & Android TV:   Android\Data\org.xbmc.kodi\files\.kodi\addons\skin.aeon.nox.silvo\media\osd\buttons\

https://imgur.com/a/ACH7gcC
https://imgur.com/gCK4CTd
https://imgur.com/zlBBenL
spinner -  https://imgur.com/FlL8qpa
on/off  - https://imgur.com/ZyZXsFM

Sorry for my English, I think everything will be understandable, I support myself with a translator
The OSD buttons are displaying incorrectly on my touch screen phone.
Screenshots show incorrect icons and my phones about details.
Using Kodi v 20.2.
Playing family video and touched the screen to get OSD up.
OSD icons showing correctly on my other devices with Kodi 20.2
Any ideas?
ImageImage
First guess would be that the device is not set to 16x9. That would cause a lot of issues including the buttons not having enough space to display correctly.
(2024-01-02, 16:57)mikeSiLVO Wrote: First guess would be that the device is not set to 16x9. That would cause a lot of issues including the buttons not having enough space to display correctly.
I couldn't find any aspect setting on my phone, other than when using the camera.
Screenshots below show my Kodi settings:-

When using an old Kodi 19.4 fork on my phone, with skin version 8.1.0, without changing any phone settings, the OSD icons display okay:-

I don't know how to do it, but could I install an older version of the skin to see if the OSD icons display okay with that being the only change I make?

EDIT
=====================
Changing skin to Estuary, not like for like but the OSD icons display okay
@Jeffers24

my versions:
Kodi 20.2 Nexus
Aeon Nox: Silvo  v9.1.0

Unpack media.rar to the folder
C:\users\xxx\appdata\roaming\kodi\addons\skin.aeon.nox.silvo\media
Android & Android TV:   Android\Data\org.xbmc.kodi\files\.kodi\addons\skin.aeon.nox.silvo\media

Change the file name "textures.xbt" to "textures.xbt-org" in the "media" folder
C:\users\xxx\appdata\roaming\kodi\addons\skin.aeon.nox.silvo\media
Android & Android TV:   Android\Data\org.xbmc.kodi\files\.kodi\addons\skin.aeon.nox.silvo\media

The "Button" folder has my buttons, the "Button-Org" folder has the original buttons, you can change them by changing the name of the folder.
C:\users\xxx\appdata\roaming\kodi\addons\skin.aeon.nox.silvo\media\osd\
Android & Android TV:   Android\Data\org.xbmc.kodi\files\.kodi\addons\skin.aeon.nox.silvo\media\osd\

Download my modified file Includes.xml 
c:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.aeon.nox.silvo\16x9\
Android & Android TV:   Android\Data\org.xbmc.kodi\files\.kodi\addons\skin.aeon.nox.silvo\16x9\

Change the name of the original file to "includes.xml--org"

Copy my includes.xml file to
c:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.aeon.nox.silvo\16x9\
Android & Android TV:   Android\Data\org.xbmc.kodi\files\.kodi\addons\skin.aeon.nox.silvo\16x9\

Check if the buttons are displaying correctly. My skin is set to resolution 1920x1080.
There is no need to test. The old images would work because they can be squished and squeezed and just look malformed instead of the “squares”. It is a spacing thing. Skin has some requirements for proper use and there would be more than just the OSD buttons that have issues when not in 16x9. Estuary is designed for multiple aspect ratios so wouldn’t have the same problems.

EDIT: Out of curiosity why do you show fullscreen Estuary screenshot but cut off Aeon Nox screenshot?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Own buttons for the player after update skin 9.1.00