Beta 21 beta 1 can't play ripped DVD files as *.iso anymore
Have done some more detailed testing:

While trying to play an *.iso from mounted external USB inside of the /Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/some-directory/ it fails also -  even Kodi has rw permissions for that directory, for example it is possible to save there backups by use of the official Backup Addon by Rob Weber.

Also the permissions of this Kodi installation are shown as granded for storage from plain Android (App-Settings).

*.iso files can be played only if they are loaded from Main Storage/Data/files/.kodi/temp/
since Kodi Omega Beta and Alpha.

Have always tried with the internal file manager of Kodi, so I can see right now if the decompression of the *.iso works.

So it seems not only a stupid external mounted permission issue, it seems for me more like a path in combo with permission glitch while decompressing the *.iso's.

If have tried to track this down, I'm familiar with Linux programming since many years, for example as an officially package maintainer for Fedora.

If there will be no further responce here I may have to read the code changes on GitHub for that specific area and try to understand what makes the different behavior of handling *.iso between Kodi Stable and Kodi Omega.

This will be waste of resources and time for sure, it will be much better if a team member of Kodi can check this.

For sure I will help with providing logs / debug as much as possible.

Additional:

Decompressing creates this related directory always: /Android/data/org.videolan.dvdcss/.dvdcss/*
holding the dvd navigation and more. That directory is created outside of /Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/
In result that must fail on external mounted USB devices.

/Matthias
Same issue on Omega RC1, seems no fix till now. Using an external device on Android, directly connected via USB is not an exotic configuration. Should be fixed for the release also because I'm not the only one reporting this...
I have the same Issue with 21 RC1 and Shield 2019...
The issue is still present in Kodi 21 stable.

My setup

Kodi 21 stable
  • 2x Nvidia Shield Tube
  • 2x Samsung Galaxy Tab 5SE
  • 1x Windows 11 Laptop
Media is located on a NAS
Databases are on to the same NAS
Android devices have xbmc_env.properties file in the root system
advanced_settings.xml is present on all devices

When I try to play a DVD-ISO or DVD directory (IFO) on all my Android devices I get an error saying there was a problem referr to log.
Playing the same DVDs on Windows 11/Kodi 21 works fine.
Playing the same DVDs on Android/Kodi 20.5 works fine.

Windows-Log: https://paste.kodi.tv/orowayinez.kodi
Android-Log: https://paste.kodi.tv/rilinisomo.kodi
So I scrolled through the logs and found this

Code:
Unable to load /data/app/~~21tKzYJHPqm5dSVt4v_75w==/org.xbmc.kodi--RnuPO4K2pQyUUtbeV22LQ==/lib/arm64/libdvdnav-aarch64.so, reason: dlopen failed: cannot locate symbol "dll_fstatvfs64" referenced by "/data/app/~~21tKzYJHPqm5dSVt4v_75w==/org.xbmc.kodi--RnuPO4K2pQyUUtbeV22LQ==/lib/arm64/libdvdnav-aarch64.so"
(2024-04-07, 12:23)Komapatient Wrote: So I scrolled through the logs and found this

Code:
Unable to load /data/app/~~21tKzYJHPqm5dSVt4v_75w==/org.xbmc.kodi--RnuPO4K2pQyUUtbeV22LQ==/lib/arm64/libdvdnav-aarch64.so, reason: dlopen failed: cannot locate symbol "dll_fstatvfs64" referenced by "/data/app/~~21tKzYJHPqm5dSVt4v_75w==/org.xbmc.kodi--RnuPO4K2pQyUUtbeV22LQ==/lib/arm64/libdvdnav-aarch64.so"

Thanks for tracking this down. Please open an issue on github - with that adb log included.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2024-04-07, 19:35)fritsch Wrote:
(2024-04-07, 12:23)Komapatient Wrote: So I scrolled through the logs and found this

Code:

Thanks for tracking this down. Please open an issue on github - with that adb log included.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/24955
Following Git I have updated to master/nightly of 11-04-2024. The issue is solved, *. iso files are playing fine now again! 

Thanks... 

/Matthias
(2024-04-11, 19:14)Endur Wrote: Following Git I have updated to master/nightly of 11-04-2024. The issue is solved, *. iso files are playing fine now again! 

Thanks... 

/Matthias
This worked for me also on an A95X Max box.
This thread is very interesting.

I have the same problem. I tried a more recent nightly build (I think 27 April 2024) and observed the problem remains when accessing an ISO file via the Movies menu, unlike when accessing the same ISO (accessed via SMB remote Nas) via the Video menu.

I will try the nightly build you used and report back. Seems to me the problem might had been temporarily fixed, or your test was not via the Movies menu, but like me via the Video menu.

Many thanks for posting this thread and I hope my small contribution is helpful and not a hindrance.

Matthew
Hello dear forum members, I have tried everything I found on this forum but I am unable to play *.iso files since my Nvidea Shield TV was automatically updated to Omega v21.0 Previously, friends and family of mine also used the *ISO file from the Synology NAS to play home-made films and our old DVD and Blue-ray collection. Now it doesn't work anymore. I also changed the permission to all files. How can this be repaired? Previously I had a Dune media player and was happy that Kodi made it possible to access my *Iso files from the Nas. converting is not an option. Who can help me solve this? Our thanks in advance to my but also friends!
Have accessed the *.iso file directly - also there is no difference for the access via the video menu. The extraction of the *.iso content seems failing, Kodi forces closes hard always. May be an issue with the path of the file system (permissions) where these extraction is done. I wrote this many time detailed here. May be it's also different if accessing via smb instead of a directly usb connected device...

It's pure frustration... However the master version of 24-04-2024 (and later, not tested) is working well. That's really messy :-(
Today i had answer from Github. Hopefully this update is soon. I try later this week his advice to install the nightlife version. But I don't know how to install this in my Nvidea Shield tv?? Do you maybe know how to do this?

"Duplicate of #24955, will be fixed in 21.1. Until then the Omega nightlies can be used: https://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/android/

Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub, or unsubscribe.
You are receiving this because you authored the thread."

Regards Romesly
You may download the *.apk from Omega Nightlies.  This has "Remove fstatvsf64 wrapper" = #24964 applied. But that doesn't fix the *.iso force close error for me and also not for mattshaw12345, have tried that right now again.

Only master nightlies - at first tested on 11-04-2024 - are working for *.iso  here. It's a different issue, it's messy for me as said. Nothing inside the log because of that ugly hard force close of Kodi - have to use adb logging to get some usefull related info -  and this doesn't work well on the Amlogic Minix NEO U22-XJ Max.

Will stay on master/nightly at first.

/Matthias
(2024-04-30, 21:05)Endur Wrote: Amlogic Minix NEO U22-XJ Max

Slightly off-topic but for this hardware there is an excellent version of CoreELEC available. The devs have figured out how to do proper TV-led Dolby Vision and also full FEL support for profile 7 UHD blu-ray rips in STDL format.

About the *.ISO issue: I just tried playing a DVD .ISO from my NAS over NFS and didn't encounter any issues. I was running the Omega build from 20240413, but also just upgraded to 20240429 and both worked just fine.

I also played it over SMB, but mounted through the Nvidia Shield's Storage menu, so Kodi sees that as locally mounted.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
21 beta 1 can't play ripped DVD files as *.iso anymore0