v20 Slow Metadata Scraping in Kodi Nexus
So at the suggestion to move on from Kodi Leia, I tested Kodi Nexus in portable mode, damaging my Kodi Leia in the process because of course I forgot to add portable shortcut :p
Off topic one liner : Can't we get a warning message if Kodi detected different installed version instead of damaging older addons in primary build immediately in one second?

Anyway, the issue I wanted to bring up is I found out that scraping movies or TV shows metadata is around 8-10x slower than what Kodi Leia could achieve in the same time. This happened no matter if I choose TMDB/TMDB TV Shows, or TVDB V4.
Granted, I am not using local disk and the location is remote in some seedbox server, but why did Kodi Leia installation scraped metadata much much faster than Kodi Nexus?
I don't like seeing sluggish interface so for now I decided to don the Leia hat again. I am gonna miss TMBD Helper by jurialmonkey addons tho Sad in Nexus it enabled trakt list item expansion in multiples up to 8x20.
(2023-10-07, 10:35)teamrocket Wrote: I forgot to add portable shortcut :p
I hope you meant \Kodi-Omega\Kodi\kodi.exe -p
(2023-10-07, 10:35)teamrocket Wrote: Off topic one liner : Can't we get a warning message
It's in the wiki already, but if you want it embedded into the program that would go into the feature request forum.
(2023-10-07, 10:35)teamrocket Wrote: Granted, I am not using local disk and the location is remote in some seedbox server
If you have your meta-data backed-up via separate files, and set the local information scraper, scanning would be quick & painless. This is likely a network issue, I can't replicate and have no problems. Suggest you take your issue with TMBD Helper to https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=345847
You're most likely seeing the difference between the new scrapers, written in Python, and the old ones that were "native".
Python scrapers are here to stay, the performance difference was raised before.
It shouldn't impact the fluidity of the GUI though, just how quickly it finishes scraping.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Came across this thread when searching on slow movie scraping, performance has dropped off a cliff on all my devices that are now on Kodi Omega. My database is on a Synology NAS, I have a Vero V on Kodi 20 and its movie scraping is fine. My Kodi 21 installations on Windows, an Ugoos and an nVidia Shield are painfully slow. The film is identified instantly, but the next stage of loading movie details is dead slow. The common denominator here is Kodi 21.
(2024-05-02, 13:04)ac16161 Wrote: My Kodi 21 installations on Windows, an Ugoos and an nVidia Shield are painfully slow.
Need a Debug Log that captures the scraping process.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
does this help? I was adding Despicable Me to my library.

https://paste.coreelec.org/Nkywtj
I didn't go through your whole log (BTW this isn't corelec forum) but regardless, the tmdb python addon ran fast.  All the time seems to me adding a crapload of image urls to the NAS database.  Do you really need every possible fanart from tmdb/fanart.tv?

scott s.
(2024-05-02, 13:04)ac16161 Wrote: Came across this thread when searching on slow movie scraping, performance has dropped off a cliff on all my devices that are now on Kodi Omega. My database is on a Synology NAS, I have a Vero V on Kodi 20 and its movie scraping is fine. My Kodi 21 installations on Windows, an Ugoos and an nVidia Shield are painfully slow. The film is identified instantly, but the next stage of loading movie details is dead slow. The common denominator here is Kodi 21.

Are you talking about Update Library? If so, I found that every time I switched from Windows to Android Kodi installations and vice versa to update my MariaDB library, I would get a massive slowdown on the first Update Library. The reason is that the hashing Kodi performs to speed up the process isn't the same between the two OSes. More on this in the thread here:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=374496
thanks for the comments. I run my scraping add-ons on default settings, so if I'm getting redundant fan art perhaps the defaults have changed when the scraping add-on was updated for K21? My K20 devices remain fast. 

Also, my K21 devices are very slow to add movies on all titles that I scan, even if I stick with the same device. But useful to know that device continuity might be helpful there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow Metadata Scraping in Kodi Nexus0