NextPVR: channel number from backend not working
Hi,

Kodi 20.2
NextPVR 20.4.3

Channel number starts from 1 and goes up as integer.  I tried many times to turn on channel number from backend but it's not working

Any way to fix it?

Thanks
Did you go into Kodi PVR settings and change the default to use the backend numbering?  There are two settings if you use multiple backends
I only found

Settings -> PVR & Live TV -> Channels

Where is the second settings?

Also, I have the TV card on one machine and 3 accessing it via network.  2 of them have the channel number from the back end.  Only this one does not work
Does anything show as advanced mode on?  All versions of Kodi should be the same.  If the problem persists empty the PVR database in Settings
Have to admit I have never figured this one out.  Never an issue on WMC but on NextPVR sometimes I get (US ATSC virtual channels nn.n format) and sometimes just integers from 1 up.  Using the NextPVR browser-based view on the server all looks fine.

scott s.
Weird, I also moved from WMC to NextPVR but haven't had an issue. I have CableCard signal in US.

I'd definitely recommend a "Clear data" under PVR & Live TV -> General.
(2023-10-02, 23:36)sbthomas Wrote: Weird, I also moved from WMC to NextPVR but haven't had an issue. I have CableCard signal in US.

This worked!
Right clearing  the data will normally help, but if you are using  more than one backend, or more than one instance on backends that support multiple instances there is a hidden Expert setting.

(Sorry I don't know how to embed images)
(2023-10-03, 02:06)cheerful Wrote:
(2023-10-02, 23:36)sbthomas Wrote: Weird, I also moved from WMC to NextPVR but haven't had an issue. I have CableCard signal in US.

This worked!

I'm away from the client in question, but clearing data did work in the past on other clients, just seem to have had a problem on this one particular client.  But I think my skin may not be set up exactly right either.

I have seen comments that in this age of streaming "channel numbers" are meaningless, but at least for broadcast I think they are useful.

scott s.
Maybe for pirate IPTV with so many channels but for my broadcast and cable, I can't imagine not using the remote number keys to change between channels.  Also I use several clients and it seems oddly only Kodi doesn't default to backend channel numbering.

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NextPVR: channel number from backend not working0