Display Channel Numbers
Good morning.  Before updating to Nexus, OSD would show digits when entering channel numbers while watching TV (PVR) then allow pressing 'ok' to change the number or escape / back to make the OSD go away and stay on the current channel.  I was also using WMC.pvr client on a Win7 machine running Matrix and the original Mimic skin.

I don't see the option to turn this on now that I'm on Win10, Nexus and using NextPVR.

Any guidance would be appreciated.
Win10 64-bit
Kodi 20.1 / Mimic-LR
Well dang it, I was hoping for a solution here.  I'm closing this out and posting under PVR to see if that crowd can help  Thanks anyway.
Win10 64-bit
Kodi 20.1 / Mimic-LR
I'm not sure what OSD you are referring to.  But Leia added a label that can be used to display the numbers currently being pressed while on a PVR screen, which will change the channel.
I've added that to the video fullscreen, and the guide and channel list screens on the latest Beta.

It's not a dialog that can be "OK'd" or escaped.  It just lists the numbers kodi is receiving from the remote. Kodi itself will change to the channel after a moment.  Or immediately if there's only 1 channel that starts with the numbers you pressed.  (eg, if you have a channel "32" but no other channels that start with the number "3", kodi will switch to channel "32" as soon as you press the "3".  seems a bit awkward to me, but that's how it seems to work)

In my case, my remote does not have a "." on it, so with today's modern channel numbers that have subchannels (8.1, 8.2, 8.6) I'm unable to use the numbering to change to those, which is probably why I did not even know kodi was even capable of it.  I had to override some of the channel numbers in tvheadend, to just use it ("8" for "8.1", for example)

Probably needs a bit more work to position it better on the screen, but it's something at least.
(2023-07-28, 22:39)randallspicher Wrote: so with today's modern channel numbers that have subchannels (8.1, 8.2, 8.6) I'm unable to use the numbering to change to those

i wonder if there would a possible workaround for this - removing non-numbers during processing and treating the channels as 81,82,86 etc

just sharing a thought, im not even familiar with the mechanisms in play
Before Leia, Kodi was popping up the number dialog when changing channels, and that changed with Leia.  (a bit before I started working on the skin)
The latest Beta in the beta repo now has this fix in it. (displaying the numeric input being entered on the screen) 

Quote:2017-01-18 new infolabel
PVR.ChannelNumberInput

Instead of opening the numeric input dialog when pressing 0 - 9 while in PVR fullscreen or PVR music visualisation, now only the entered number appears on screen, like this works for almost all other tv sets and settop boxes.

Skins must be adjusted to use the new info label PVR.ChannelNumberInput. Otherwise the feature will also work, but nothing will be seen on the screen while entering the number.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Display Channel Numbers0