• 128(current)
Alpha Arctic Fuse
In one of the last updates that I have installed I have seen that in the Home Hub in my rows of widgets at the bottom at the bottom after my last widgets from that hub another widget appears called videos with 3 elements which are: Files, List Playback and Video Addons. I don't like seeing that widget there at all, is there any way to make it disappear?
(2024-04-30, 10:50)Carfer Wrote: In one of the last updates that I have installed I have seen that in the Home Hub in my rows of widgets at the bottom at the bottom after my last widgets from that hub another widget appears called videos with 3 elements which are: Files, List Playback and Video Addons. I don't like seeing that widget there at all, is there any way to make it disappear?

Widgets, i think, show up as Submenu widget > Category widget > Side widget > Global widget

So the one at the bottom would either be your side widget or global widget... check classic layout and remove any widget there as those are your side widgets...you can also remove them from the categories edit page... click on any category, at the side there is "Edit side widget" and "Edit global widget"
(2024-04-30, 11:23)RefurbishedRooke Wrote:
(2024-04-30, 10:50)Carfer Wrote: In one of the last updates that I have installed I have seen that in the Home Hub in my rows of widgets at the bottom at the bottom after my last widgets from that hub another widget appears called videos with 3 elements which are: Files, List Playback and Video Addons. I don't like seeing that widget there at all, is there any way to make it disappear?

Widgets, i think, show up as Submenu widget > Category widget > Side widget > Global widget

So the one at the bottom would either be your side widget or global widget... check classic layout and remove any widget there as those are your side widgets...you can also remove them from the categories edit page... click on any category, at the side there is "Edit side widget" and "Edit global widget"
Seen and resolved again thanks to your help. All the best
(2024-04-30, 07:08)RefurbishedRooke Wrote:
(2024-04-30, 02:59)CouchGuy Wrote: Hi @jurialmunkey
Thanks for adding disk style widget. Although it doesn't spinning still looks cool. 😅
I just noticed that the latest update that you added menu button on the side in the movies & TV shows hub. Is it okay if you can make it customizable like the other two or maybe we can replace it with 'Home' button? I just loved the classic icons only side menu. It's just feels weird for me if I have this expanded side menu in my movies & TV shows hub where in my home is just a simple icon only side menu. 🙏

The disk kinda ruined the circle mode for me, the hole takes up part of the picture... if it was spinning it'll even be worse, you won't be able to see the pic at all... narrowed down the use case of the circle view to just music and albums as those are the only areas where a disk makes sense to me 🤔🤔. Cool that you got what you wanted though

Sorry. I didn't know jurialmunkey will replace the circle widget with disk style widget. Hope that circle & disk style widget is separated. I just used it for my recently watched movies. Because I already watched it, the picture is not really important. The main purpose for me is for recommendations below based on the movies I recently watched. And the spinning animation is just a joke.
(2024-04-30, 13:50)CouchGuy Wrote:
(2024-04-30, 07:08)RefurbishedRooke Wrote:
(2024-04-30, 02:59)CouchGuy Wrote: Hi @jurialmunkey
Thanks for adding disk style widget. Although it doesn't spinning still looks cool. 😅
I just noticed that the latest update that you added menu button on the side in the movies & TV shows hub. Is it okay if you can make it customizable like the other two or maybe we can replace it with 'Home' button? I just loved the classic icons only side menu. It's just feels weird for me if I have this expanded side menu in my movies & TV shows hub where in my home is just a simple icon only side menu. 🙏

The disk kinda ruined the circle mode for me, the hole takes up part of the picture... if it was spinning it'll even be worse, you won't be able to see the pic at all... narrowed down the use case of the circle view to just music and albums as those are the only areas where a disk makes sense to me 🤔🤔. Cool that you got what you wanted though

Sorry. I didn't know jurialmunkey will replace the circle widget with disk style widget. Hope that circle & disk style widget is separated. I just used it for my recently watched movies. Because I already watched it, the picture is not really important. The main purpose for me is for recommendations below based on the movies I recently watched. And the spinning animation is just a joke.

Oh I see... that makes sense. No problem though, figured it actually looks good as cd with the right fanart, mine was coming from an addon with no fanart api which was why it looked off with the hole
(2024-04-30, 17:07)RefurbishedRooke Wrote:
(2024-04-30, 13:50)CouchGuy Wrote:
(2024-04-30, 07:08)RefurbishedRooke Wrote: The disk kinda ruined the circle mode for me, the hole takes up part of the picture... if it was spinning it'll even be worse, you won't be able to see the pic at all... narrowed down the use case of the circle view to just music and albums as those are the only areas where a disk makes sense to me 🤔🤔. Cool that you got what you wanted though

Oh I see... that makes sense. No problem though, figured it actually looks good as cd with the right fanart, mine was coming from an addon with no fanart api which was why it looked off with the hole

Yeah. It looks like this
Loving the change to icon interface and just the skin in general. And that I gained the ability to delete side widgets from loading nothing. To have so many features it flies for me using Chromecast. Shout out to @jurial I see it's all coming together like a puzzle. Quite remarkable.
There's now a big delay in playing the trailers automatically. They used to play within a second or so when going to the info for a movie..after the past couple of updates they are taking much longer, upto 10 seconds for the trailer to start playing?
(2024-04-30, 19:43)ScoobyD00 Wrote: There's now a big delay in playing the trailers automatically. They used to play within a second or so when going to the info for a movie..after the past couple of updates they are taking much longer, upto 10 seconds for the trailer to start playing?

Yes, it seems to be an issue of the YouTube plugin. Kodi also freezes entirely while loading and doesn't recognize any input. I had to disable automatic trailers again.

PS: Are the latest versions of Arctic Fusion now exclusive to Omega?
New user here - was looking for info on how to achieve this kind of search functionality in Artic Fuse. (Top Search bar with integrated keyboard/ search recommendations/categories)

I saw it on nearly all the posters/theme wizards for AF as well as in a lot of reddit posts, but noticed upon setup that its not default/appears to be missing. From research I gathered its possible it was removed in favor of the Discover Widget and content up search button; but now it appears content up was also removed, and now it can only be used via content down?? As I take it - currently all that seems to be available for searching is either a small or large dysfunctional pop up keyboard.

I say dysfunctional because 1. It requires multiple clicks before it allows you to search 2. It does not respond to the back button on TV remotes properly and requires you to type something in order to cancel 3. Depending on the view it is either to the right or off-center. 4. Search information is not maintained (but this is not a priority in lue of other issues) 5. It covers up part of the results and is less clean overall (minor but urks me a lil bit).

Is there something I'm missing here to set this up or are my fears justified? - Great skin visually for the most part though!
(Yesterday, 06:25)AbyssalSoda Wrote: New user here - was looking for info on how to achieve this kind of search functionality in Artic Fuse. (Top Search bar with integrated keyboard/ search recommendations/categories)

I saw it on nearly all the posters/theme wizards for AF as well as in a lot of reddit posts, but noticed upon setup that its not default/appears to be missing. From research I gathered its possible it was removed in favor of the Discover Widget and content up search button; but now it appears content up was also removed, and now it can only be used via content down?? As I take it - currently all that seems to be available for searching is either a small or large dysfunctional pop up keyboard.

I say dysfunctional because 1. It requires multiple clicks before it allows you to search 2. It does not respond to the back button on TV remotes properly and requires you to type something in order to cancel 3. Depending on the view it is either to the right or off-center. 4. Search information is not maintained (but this is not a priority in lue of other issues) 5. It covers up part of the results and is less clean overall (minor but urks me a lil bit).

Is there something I'm missing here to set this up or are my fears justified? - Great skin visually for the most part though!
I had the same challenge Smile ...
Using classic with move between widget groups
This is the only search you have currently as far as i know. So to mitigate it I did the followings:

1. I have put an extra widget row as first, so it is almost behaving like content up. And made the second row as "default", Still needs to find out how to open the virtual keyboard when the SearchHub is activated though
2. you can set this up in keymap editor => Virtual keyboard => navigation => back => select your back button
3. this is dont really mind.
4. yes, this is not that good, for now planning to add to the search widget row to add the history of searches, so i can go back if i need, just didnt figure out how to do that yet
5. ...
Quote:1. I have put an extra widget row as first, so it is almost behaving like content up. And made the second row as "default", Still needs to find out how to open the virtual keyboard when the SearchHub is activated though
I did this as well but I find it misbehaves a bit
Quote:2. you can set this up in keymap editor => Virtual keyboard => navigation => back => select your back button
Thanks just did it. Though while it gets rid of the keyboard with the back button and allows you to scroll about your libraries again; when you want to go back to search, search will not open up, you must first click on something else before attempting to search again. Similar issue to what I was trying to remove - just now in a different form.

3. Bugs me a little bit too much, definitely gets under my "skin" lol
4. Doesn't bug me nearly as much - functionality issue, but not something that's going to haunt me while I sleep, but I can see a lot of people wanting it
5. I was referring to the filter search here, not the regular search, as it has a lot of the original top search bar functionality but in a questionable layout. Heres some UI designs I color coded that show visual separation and ease of access:
In a recent update I've lost the settings to move between widget groups that I was enjoying. I've a basic setup using classic mode od a TV section with 6 combined widgets and a Movie section with another 6 combined widgets.

I just can't find the move between widgets setting on any of the wizard setups. I see their is chatter about it so it must still be a thing.
What do you think is the best here?

I'm thinking, maybe

1. The first row widget will not have the fade effect and instead of spotlight showing at the top, it will show the first item in the first row widget.

2. The first row widget will not have the fade effect and the background will blur. And the one showing in spotlight clear logo is the submenu in focus (this makes the submenu more readable).

I don't know if this is possible, just sharing my opinion.
  • 128(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Fuse0