WIP EllipsisUI - initial release thread CLOSED
(2022-05-23, 11:34)Hitcher Wrote: Skins have no control over how your remote works though.

Oke fair enough. Thanks for explaining
Projects like this are big and takes a lot of time and a lot of effort. Most people have no idea what an undertaking it really is.
The folks that develop these Kodi skins should be appreciated for all their hard work. Please, I encourage everyone to consider donating to show your appreciation. Consider donating to the makers of your favorite skin and drop a post to let them know how much you love their work.
If you like EllipsisUI feel free to donate

*ahem
Hello everyone, hope everyone is doing well and enjoying life Big Grin

Today, manfeed has dropped the 2.1.0 update for EllipsisUI and there are number of exciting improvements with this update, most are based off of the feedback we've received from you guys.
Here's the changelog..
Quote:Changelog version 2.1.0
•    New view for videos and music (WALL).
•    Media unwatched indicators instead of new added videos.
•    Dvd hybrid and list view now show number of episodes watched in TV Shows.
•    Autoclose the OSD after pressing play when you resume a paused movie or tvshow.
•    Mouse pointer changed, so that it doesn’t show the ‘NOT DESIGNED FOR MOUSE’ label all the time.
•    Same director button in movie information window.
•    Fixed missing audio OSD settings.
•    Clearlogos support in all video and music views.
•    Media info icons in all video views.
•    Video and music views now show all the relevant information depending on the type of media being showed (movies, tvshows, seasons, episodes, albums, artists, songs…)

Here's a couple screenshots...

...I'll add more screenshots to the original post soon and maybe even update it with a video of EllipsisUI Wink

Click the download link below in my signature and install this update and give us feedback on EllipsisUI to help shape its development.
Thanks a lot for the update!

Few questions:
Where exactly can you see the number of unwatched episodes? I'm in list view right now but I can only see a watched indicator for shows I completely watched. The same for DVD Hybrid view.

Is it possible that the pause button in the OSD always comes up first?  When playing again after stopping a movie or TV show the rewind button focuses. I hope you know what I mean.

Autoclosing OSD is great and also going back to the main menu with one click.
So thanks again
I tried to screenshot with Steam Deck and it didnt work. Pressed for time, I just took a pic with my phone. 
https://ibb.co/k8b3S7R
You can see the number of watched episodes (eg "30 of 52 Episodes Watched") across from the title or season # or whatever. This is only shown for media added to your library.

Thanks for pointing out that OSD bug, it will be looked into. I definitely see what you're talking about.
(2022-06-04, 14:15)Ch3dd4rGoblin Wrote: I tried to screenshot with Steam Deck and it didnt work. Pressed for time, I just took a pic with my phone. 
https://ibb.co/k8b3S7R
You can see the number of watched episodes (eg "30 of 52 Episodes Watched") across from the title or season # or whatever. This is only shown for media added to your library.

Thanks for pointing out that OSD bug, it will be looked into. I definitely see what you're talking about.

Strange. I see nothing. I only play media from my library. I will make a screenshot this afternoon
I know what went wrong about the unwatched episodes thing.
You have to sort the TV shows by "Title" and then indeed it shows the number of unwatched episodes.
I had my TV shows sort by "Last Played" and then it shows the date and not the unwatched episodes.
Maybe you can fix that? I prefer "Last Played" in stead of "Titles"
I know there is no PVR support for now, but will it be added in future?
Since i use Kodi for IPTV
(2022-06-05, 16:06)Inkatail Wrote: I know there is no PVR support for now, but will it be added in future?
Since i use Kodi for IPTV

It is planned to have PVR eventually. Can't say when exactly but I can say that games support is likely to happen first.
EllipsisUI has received a small update. (thanks manfeed!)

EllipsisUI 2.1.1 
-adds a alphabetical overlay to help when scrolling through large lists quickly. 
-new better looking busy spinner.
-fixed poster in DialogFullScreenInfo where it had issues not displaying correctly before.

This is small enough that I didn't want to create a new release for it, especially since i'm late and there's something more exciting right around the corner anyway.
Visit the github page if you like to get the latest.
https://github.com/Ch3dd4rGoblin/skin.EllipsisUI
@Ch3dd4rGoblin You may want to leave out the version number and the full download path out of your signature, as you will need to update both as well with each version change of your skin... Just a thought.
ROFL, of course! Thanks for the heads up
EllipsisUI 2.2.0 is out now!

original post has been updated, hopefully will be the final edit needed Smile

Manfeed has updated EllipsisUI with support for Games now. EllipsisUI fully supports retroplayer with everything according to this.

-games now has the following view types... Game, Game Hybrid, List, and Wall.
-new busy spinner added
-added alphabetical overlay to help navigate when scrolling through lists quickly
-probably more

Users can optionally provide their own art, though its only if you want to, its not necessary but it does look nice.
If you do supply art images for your roms then you'll have to place those images right next to your roms (same directory) and they must have the same name as your rom. For instance: arkanoid.zip (rom’s game) arkanoid.jpg (used as poster) arkanoid.png (used as logo).
Then, your games may look like this...
watch gallery

Quote:Manfeed said...
I also updated the code for almost all music and video views, saving hundreds of lines of code, by taking advantage of the options that Matrix offers to make the code simpler and more efficient. Hopefully it’ll also make the skin go faster.
Since it has deep changes, you’ll probably have to install the skin again from zip.

THANK YOU MANFEED!

Lastly, EllipsisUI can now be installed and/or updated by using Gade's add-on repository.
Github is still here: https://github.com/Ch3dd4rGoblin/skin.ellipsisui
EllipsisUI 2.3.8 is out now!

EllipsisUI has hit another milestone and now has FULL PVR support. Smile

watch gallery

Manfeed has done a lot of bug fixing since the last time this thread was updated. EllipsisUI has never looked better and has never been so solid.
New dock menu items were added to properly support PVR functionality and many existing dock options had to be fixed after they were discovered to no longer function.
Many many bug fixes, too many to list.

New home icons (though they didn't change in style but they are much improved).
New look with a revised visor (see what i did there), it can still be disabled too if you prefer.
watch gallery

Try EllipsisUI and please report bugs 
Feedback is extremely helpful and needed to see this project make it to the official kodi add-on repo.
We'd love to hear about your experience with EllipsisUI too Wink
Thanks manfeed for your continued dedication to this project! It wouldn't exist without you Smile

Download
EllipsisUI can be installed using Gade's add-on repository
Here's the Github repo too.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Never mind the version in Gabe's Repo works fine on Kodi 20... Smile
Try updating your GPU driver.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EllipsisUI - initial release thread CLOSED0