• 2(current)
Configuring & Adding SMB/Samba Network shares
If Kodi can connect to one of the shared folders on the ds218+ but not another, then there must be a differnce in the config/settings for the folders.
(2021-09-15, 17:25)jjd-uk Wrote: If Kodi can connect to one of the shared folders on the ds218+ but not another, then there must be a differnce in the config/settings for the folders.
Hello I am new here, but just recently kodi automatically updated from matrix 19.1 to 19.2 at first all my movies on my smb share worked fine, then 2 days later, everytime I try to connect to watch a move it says connection refused. did anything change from 19.1 to 19.2 to break my setup. As everything was setup and working in kodi 19.1 perfectly.
For older/crappier versions of SMB (such as the one provided by my router), you may need to set both minimum and maximum protocol versions to 1 and enable "Use Legacy Security".

This is definitely worth trying if you are getting connection errors.
On XBOX-S, KODI 19.3 Matrix, my Settings/Services menu doesn´t show any SMB or Airplay submenu.  Any Help?
(2022-02-13, 20:31)MAWEBR Wrote: On XBOX-S, KODI 19.3 Matrix, my Settings/Services menu doesn´t show any SMB or Airplay submenu.  Any Help?

got the same problem on my windows pc although my settings level is set to expert I can only see:
- general
- control
- upnp/dlna
- airplay
- weather

but no smb settings. I'm running Kodi 19.3 on windows 10
I received these answer from Thexai at Github:

There is no SMB (and neither Airplay) menu under Settings/Services menu
SMB min / max is only Android setting

Windows desktop uses native SMB system API and not need this.

XBOX uses addon vfs.smb2 for SMB that needs to be enabled first under "My addons" and supports SMBv2/3
No SMBv1 is supported on XBOX in any way.

Make sure:
1) `vfs.smb2' addon is enabled under My addons
server uses SMBv2 or SMBv3

2) server has configured username and password

3) on XBOX is need use "Add network location" method (not -Browse).
Type Server name or IP
Type Shared folder
Type Username (true user name, not dummy character)
Type Password (true password, not dummy character)
I received these answer from Thexai at Github:

There is no SMB (and neither Airplay) menu under Settings/Services menu
SMB min / max is only Android setting

Windows desktop uses native SMB system API and not need this.

XBOX uses addon vfs.smb2 for SMB that needs to be enabled first under "My addons" and supports SMBv2/3
No SMBv1 is supported on XBOX in any way.

Make sure:
1) `vfs.smb2' addon is enabled under My addons
server uses SMBv2 or SMBv3

Ok I enabled it
2) server has configured username and password

Ok I did it

3) on XBOX is need use "Add network location" method (not -Browse).

- Type Server name or IP 
       OK, I Tried both IP and server name

- Type Shared folder
       OK I did it

- Type Username (true user name, not dummy character)
    - Type Password (true password, not dummy character)
      OK, I did it 

I can see my server when I Browse. For me it means that my server is visible on my network. 

Via browser, there is no connection. 

I already tried using "Add network location" method (not -Browse). as instructed by Thexai,  with no connection, only error messages telling me "Unable to connect". 

Hours and hours doing web searchs and nothing works.  Very desapointed and lost with it!

f kodi started as a XBox solution for media player, why it is so complicated now to setup Kodi on XBOX?  Much more complicated than in my PC, or TV Box.

Any suggestion?  Any Help?
I had 19.3 and now 19.4. Neither show the screen that you have. Mine SERVICES goes from AirPlay to Weather. I am set as Expert. Would attach screen shot but don't c anywhere to add it. Also this is on W10 not android.
(2022-05-03, 16:23)bass_gas Wrote: Also this is on W10 not android.
This is in the Android forum and only applies to Android as it uses a 3rd party library to provide SMB services.
Question 
(2021-04-17, 15:22)jjd-uk Wrote: See this HOW TO https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=362113

In addition on Android you need to set the Minimum protocol version and Maximum protocol version for widest compatibility set SMBv1 as Minimum and SMBv3 as Maximum, see https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Services/SMB_Client

Hi again,

I set up the Windows side and it worked and was advised to come to this thread to get help resolving an error while trying to do the same setup on Google (Android) TV.

I got the following error when trying to establish the same media library shared folder in the tv app...

In reference to:

Quote:In addition on Android you need to set the Minimum protocol version and Maximum protocol version for widest compatibility set SMBv1 as Minimum and SMBv3 as Maximum, see https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Services/SMB_Client

...I tweaked the protocol version settings and restarted the app...

...then attempted to add the source again in File manager, and yet again got the same error...

(To be clear, in case it's relevant, both the laptop [containing the video files] and tv are connected to the same wifi network. Furthermore, chromecast is "built-in" to the tv as opposed to using a separate physical chromecast dongle.)

So, additional suggestions would be really appreciated (kind of at my wit's end with the whole casting-video-to-TV-process having already tried Jellyfin, Emby, Videostream, Stremio, the tv's native system and so on, all proving to be problematic.)
I gain access to my music by using the Zeroconf option. This works.
When I go to Settings > Media Settings > Music > Artist Information Folder There is no Zeroconf option available. Is this a bug or expected?
(2022-06-23, 06:29)bananabob Wrote: I gain access to my music by using the Zeroconf option. This works.
When I go to Settings > Media Settings > Music > Artist Information Folder There is no Zeroconf option available. Is this a bug or expected?
Try adding it as a source in the File Manager first, then I think it will be available.
DubTime
So, [b' Wrote:
additional suggestions would be really appreciated[/b] (kind of at my wit's end with the whole casting-video-to-TV-process having already tried Jellyfin, Emby, Videostream, Stremio, the tv's native system and so on, all proving to be problematic.)

Try the advice in Post#19 to see if that works for you.
(2022-06-23, 10:18)jjd-uk Wrote: Try the advice in Post#19 to see if that works for you.

Hi jjd-uk,

Thanks for following up...

I tried the changes (both protocols =SMBv1, enable "Use legacy security"), but it still led to the same "Invalid argument" error.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Configuring & Adding SMB/Samba Network shares0