v19 The SACD Iso Support Add-on
This Thread is intended to discuss the SACD Iso Support Add-on that was shortly published on the Matrix Repo.

Compared to the old SACD Iso Support Add-on under VFS the new version is under Audio Decoders and is in Rev. 0.1.2 at the Time of This Post. The New version now offers several options for configuration including the use of Multichanel Playback wich is imho a HUUUUGE Innovation. All Thumbs up to the author(s) for that!!

My first impression:
- The Add-on seems to work in  general on a Win8.1x64 HTPC
- No stable Playback is possible on a Android Mediaplayer (Zidoo x20 in my case), sounds like the Hardware/processor performance is too weak wich leads to stuttering playback
- The Artists, Albums and Tracks of the connected SACD Iso´s are NOT imported into the Kodi Music Library. Tracks can only be accessed through Music->Files->SACD Iso.
- Coverart, Discart and Album Info is not displayed during Playback (Rapier Skin)

Hint:
When Multichanel Playback is desired, the Speaker Setup must be changed from 2.0 to 5.1 in Kodi/Settings/System/Audio. Otherwise Output is only Stereo

Questions so far:
- Could the Autho(s) give some background Info on the settings of this Add-on?
- How can i import my SACD Isos into the Kodi Library?
- Is there a way to make this Add-on work on Android Mediaplayers?
Hi,
i got the impression, that the SACD Iso Support Add-on negatively impacts the import and use of Iso Files for Movies When trying to import a new BD Iso Movie into the library yesterday this did not work while the SACD Iso Support Add-on was active.

Only after deactivating the Add-on import and Playback of the new movie was possible.

Can anybody here confirm my Observation?
2 questions for you:
1- can you point me in the direction of this Add-On's developer(s)/github please?
2 - does the Add-on allow for adjustment of LFE level into the Lt-Rt folddown matrix?
@heysoundude 
Hi!
Re1) Right now it seems like the newer version of the SACD Iso Support Add-on (under Audio Decoders) was taken off the v19 Repo again, most likely due to the problems reported. See here: https://github.com/xbmc/audiodecoder.sacd/issues
Re2) The version that i tried out did not have settings for LFE Levels
Kind Regards
Thanks for the github link:  no action since sept 2020, before kodi v19 matrix.  perhaps with luck the dev will come back around or someone will fork it.
I was able to find and install it - I use xbian (JeOS debian kodi for RasPi) and the installer prompts with a nag screen to install it among other audio related codec-type things. 
The config/settings are rather spartan, and there is an LF corrective adjustment, but what concerns me most is that the sample rates one can select are incompatible with video as multiples of 44.1kHz rather than 48kHz.  This may be the crux of the stuttering you mentioned in your original post:  Your issue is undoubtedly due AFAIC to video being output at frequencies/frame rates that cause "beating" with the audio playback; 48kHz audio sampling frequency is not being correctly re-sampled to match with 60-120-240-etc Hz video frame rates/scan frequencies.  If you can suspend the video output of kodi while playing SACD content, I would wager we would both have an Uncle Bob (we call him Rob)
I suspect there is a better way (for me) with ALSA (there used to be a mixer addon before v19!), and if I find it, I'll post here.  Being able to pull some LF out of the LtRt would come in handy here, especially on British-produced content...but not everyone hears things like I do.
(2021-05-13, 06:12)heysoundude Wrote: ...  no action since sept 2020, before kodi v19 matrix.....
Correct. This seems to be a Add-On / Feature that is not requested by many users.
Hi!
Is there any update from the developers of this Add-On related to the issues reported above? Would be nice if this Add-on could be reworked not to impact the use of Video-Iso´s.
Kind Regards
Hi!
Do You guys know, if there is a way to install this add on on xbox version of Kodi?

I tried everything, searched forums and found no answer…

Best regards!
I find this thread counterproductive and would ask an OP to close it. The add-on programmer obviously has no interest/time in interacting with users here and give support. Opening a support thread by a random user is sure to aggravate the programmer. If anybody wants to get in touch they can do so via the Github page. Most of those who are interested in SACD playback will be coming from foobar2000 and already know what to do with this plugin.
Dears,
may i ask, if there was any progress with the SACD Iso Support Addon and it´s conflict with Video Iso´s? Could maybe somebody translate the latest information on githhub into "human language"?
Thank you very much in advance!
Kodi 20.2 (for Windows) on Win11 HTPC
ZDMC 20.2 on Zidoo UHD3000

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The SACD Iso Support Add-on0