v19 IPTV Simple now supports local Timeshift for live streams (experimental)
(2021-05-12, 20:34)popy Wrote: Hey guy, thx for adding this feature.
Its working without an issue.

Just a little question:
My "old" PVR addon "DVBViewer" had an option to enable permanent timeshift oder just when paused.
I know timeshift is handled thougth inputstream.

Did'nt find such an option, is such an feature present or should i'll open an feature request in the inputstream section?

PS.: Just dont want to wear out my SSD with timeshift when i dont need it.

thx

I seriously doubt this would wear out your SSD! I have been running with constant timeshifting on the same always on device for 5 years now and no issues.

DVBviewer uses a different method of sending the stream data where it can manage a start timeshift on pause. An inputstream doesn’t really have a notion of this. Although we could fake it, it would be less than precise and an awful lot of work to implement.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
Ok, thx for the info.
@phunkyfish Great stuff, thanks for adding it!

Is there a way to save the current recorded timeshift to a file?
(2021-05-21, 23:23)is7s Wrote: @phunkyfish Great stuff, thanks for adding it!

No, and there won’t be either. IPTV providers do not allow this. Instead they provide services like catchup so pseudo-recording is in essence available to their users.
(2021-05-21, 23:38)phunkyfish Wrote:

No, and there won’t be either. IPTV providers do not allow this. Instead they provide services like catchup so pseudo-recording is in essence available to their users.
Am I only one who thinks this is a bit weird stance? Some providers may forbid it but it also can't universally apply to all of them. Should this really be up for Kodi to decide?

With the same logic, shouldn't Kodi remove the ability to watch any local content too because there might be a possibility that some may use it illegally?

As a side note, other Kodi's PVR backends with IPTV support do allow IPTV recording.
(2021-11-22, 08:14)rizu Wrote:
(2021-05-21, 23:38)phunkyfish Wrote:

Am I only one who thinks this is a bit weird stance? Some providers may forbid it but it also can't universally apply to all of them. Should this really be up for Kodi to decide?

With the same logic, shouldn't Kodi remove the ability to watch any local content too because there might be a possibility that some may use it illegally?

As a side note, other Kodi's PVR backends with IPTV support do allow IPTV recording.

This has been discussed many times on the forum already, over many years. Backends support recording, not PVR addons. As iptv simples backend is the IPTV provider themselves they must implement this and they do that via catchup.

In the next version of kodi the pvr recordings functionality will be used to provide better access to VOD libraries hopefully cleaning up the interface for many of our users.
I have just started using the timeshift feature, and i think its amazing!
The only thing that could be a bit tricky in some setups is when a stream is paused. File will grow forever.
I use the addon 'autostop' to stop a paused stream after 60 minutes. Might help someone else Wink

Thank so much for maintaining the addon and incorporating this 'new' feature, much appreciated!
Hello,

I'm new with Kodi and I'd like to know if in timeshift options is possible to set "automatic timeshift" that start everytime I change channel... Iused this option with my old Sky decoder and I find that is a really useful option
(2021-12-01, 19:49)Andrea Ballarini Wrote: Hello,

I'm new with Kodi and I'd like to know if in timeshift options is possible to set "automatic timeshift" that start everytime I change channel... Iused this option with my old Sky decoder and I find that is a really useful option

That should be how it works. If you find where the timeshift buffer file is on your file system check to see if it resets in size on a channel change. I believe it should.
Timeshift buffer is emptied on channel change.
The only thing i have noticed after fairly intensive testing is that memory is somewhat ''jumpy" using timeshift. Fortunately memory does get released when streams are stopped. I have seen it run up to 3GB one time, but that did not occur again.
(2021-12-02, 13:26)Atreyu Wrote: Timeshift buffer is emptied on channel change.
The only thing i have noticed after fairly intensive testing is that memory is somewhat ''jumpy" using timeshift. Fortunately memory does get released when streams are stopped. I have seen it run up to 3GB one time, but that did not occur again.

There was a bug before with it eating memory that I since cleared up. Maybe you have found another. If you do manage to repro consistently let me know and I’ll take a look.
Will surely report back any further findings!
Sinne today it has Problems with timeshit while catchup is enabled Sad

Yesterday it worked perfectly. There Was an Update this Night/morning. I dont like the Update Big Grin

Seems pretty inconsistent for me NOW.
(2022-02-07, 16:58)moejoe Wrote: Sinne today it has Problems with timeshit while catchup is enabled Sad

Yesterday it worked perfectly. There Was an Update this Night/morning. I dont like the Update Big Grin

Seems pretty inconsistent for me NOW.

You can either have catchup or timeshift working for a stream. Not both at once. Catchup allows you use your stream so it’s like time shifting.

Can you explain what issues you are having and also provide a full debug log capturing the problem?

Also, please provide an obfuscates M3U entry for a channel that has this problem.
Yes I owe u long time. Hope I'll manage it before superbowl.

***Edit*** its working now. Seems that simpletv Was updated.

Now, i select a running Show, the time jumps to about 10 seconds before the end of the previous Show. So then after 10 seconds the running Show i want to Start is loaded into the query with full length. Just like a time Machine 😀

Wohooooooo!

I can now even just watch live TV and jump back like it was a local timeshift! Perfect...

Ps: If u need any settings let me know

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTV Simple now supports local Timeshift for live streams (experimental)0