• 3(current)
v19 Video ScreenSaver
Perhaps this addon should be marked as broken, but not sure how that works.
(2019-03-21, 00:42)leejk Wrote: Perhaps this addon should be marked as broken, but not sure how that works.

Odd to Mark a plugin completely broken when it's only your cingular issue at fault. Saver works fine for 4/5 VFS paths.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Ok, figured out the problem. I had to add my folder that contained my videos to the File Manager as a source.
I’ve noticed that when the screensaver kicks in, all tv shows or movies will repeat playback. Looks like it changes the Repeat setting on Current Playlist to All. Can this be avoided?

Thx
Information 
@LuNaTiX 

Any chance you could change the Mute ScreenSaver option to a Reduce ScreenSaver Volume option? 

This would in theory kill 2 birds with a single entry as  setting Volume to =0 would be equivalent to Mute while adding the requested benefit of Lowering the Volume as an alternative option.

I am currently using your add_on as a near complete replacement for the Random Trailers add_on as that add-on never received an update for v17-Kodi even though it's still available in the v17-repo it doesn't function properly. As I stated before,  it currently works for me as a near complete replacement,  the only thing missing is the Reduce-Volume option requested above and maybe a few on-screen options that allowed you to interact with the screen via kb-shortcuts that were handy.  One other notable option of the random trailers add-on was that it could be accessed as a program add-on as well as a screensaver,  but I can do without the extra bells and whistles I only really need the Reduce Volume option.

Thank you, for this highly functional add-on
(2019-04-03, 22:32)phatboyj Wrote: @LuNaTiX 

Any chance you could change the Mute ScreenSaver option to a Reduce ScreenSaver Volume option? 

This would in theory kill 2 birds with a single entry as  setting Volume to =0 would be equivalent to Mute while adding the requested benefit of Lowering the Volume as an alternative option.

I am currently using your add_on as a near complete replacement for the Random Trailers add_on as that add-on never received an update for v17-Kodi even though it's still available in the v17-repo it doesn't function properly. As I stated before,  it currently works for me as a near complete replacement,  the only thing missing is the Reduce-Volume option requested above and maybe a few on-screen options that allowed you to interact with the screen via kb-shortcuts that were handy.  One other notable option of the random trailers add-on was that it could be accessed as a program add-on as well as a screensaver,  but I can do without the extra bells and whistles I only really need the Reduce Volume option.

Thank you, for this highly functional add-on

Sounds reasonable... I'll put it on my to-do list.
(2019-04-03, 23:10)Lunatixz Wrote: Sounds reasonable... I'll put it on my to-do list.

Glad to hear, Keep up the killer Coding!

Also @Lunatixz could you, or would you have someone else, on the team Deal with the issue of the Random Trailers add-on being in the v17 official repo because it doesn't function do to not being updated since 2014. It needs to either be updated to work in v17-v18 or it should be removed from the official repo's it would be nice to see it updated as it provided functionality not offered by other similar add-on's such as being able to play the associated movie via a kb button while the trailer is playing if the trailers are being played via a local source also it can be both a program and a screensaver at the same time there are a couple other things it provides as well but I can't remember them right now.

It is not my intention to hijack your thread with off subject info so that'll be the it of that

Thanks for heeding my earlier suggestion
@Lunatixz

One last feature request for your to-do list.

I'm using your add_on to watch a youtube playlist of upcoming movie trailers that is updated regularly as I explained in my earlier posts the add_on dedicated to this is not currently working and in some ways your add_on is more intuitive anyway. That being said it, would be totally awesome if you could incorporate the functionality of the Random Trailer add_on, "not to be mistaken for the random trailer service" into your add_on especially themoviedb.org API inclusion that allows pulling Trailers from YouTube for various options such as upcoming, popular, in-theaters, etc. Etc.but my real request is below. as I'm sure the above would require a complete overhaul.

Could you add an option to skip to the next and previous videos via the left and right arrow keys and or other KB shortcuts?

That way if you miss something you can simply click the left arrow key to start the current video over instead of having to wait for it and the next 4 videos to finish, assuming you have your video count set to 5, or hit the left arrow key twice to play the previous video, and obviously hitting the right arrow key would skip to the next video. Etc. Etc.

Thanks in advance,
phatboyj
(2019-03-31, 02:52)leejk Wrote: I’ve noticed that when the screensaver kicks in, all tv shows or movies will repeat playback. Looks like it changes the Repeat setting on Current Playlist to All. Can this be avoided?

Thx

(2019-04-03, 22:32)phatboyj Wrote: @LuNaTiX 

Issues addressed in v.1.0.4
(2019-04-06, 03:55)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2019-03-31, 02:52)leejk Wrote: I’ve noticed that when the screensaver kicks in, all tv shows or movies will repeat playback. Looks like it changes the Repeat setting on Current Playlist to All. Can this be avoided?

Thx

Hi, after updating to 1.04 it’s still leaving the current playlist set to Repeat: All after the screensaver exists.
(2019-04-14, 17:50)leejk Wrote:
(2019-04-06, 03:55)Lunatixz Wrote:

Thx

Hi, after updating to 1.04 it’s still leaving the current playlist set to Repeat: All after the screensaver exists.

Hmm, I'll have another look.
Information 
(2019-04-14, 18:05)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2019-04-14, 17:50)leejk Wrote:
(2019-04-06, 03:55)Lunatixz Wrote: Issues addressed in v.1.0.4

@Lunatixz

I would also like to add , That in addition to the Repeat setting the Current Playlist left behind, and the Shuffle setting should also be cleared/re-set upon exiting the VideoScreenSaver.

So if you were to enter the current playlist after exiting the VideoScreenSaver it should first,show the playlist as being empty, and second, it should show the playlist settings as default with Repeat = Off, and Shuffle = Off. "in spite of what the settings are set to within the
VideoScreenSaver Menu for when the VideoScreenSaver is Active".

That way, Examples

1.)
if a user ques a video after exiting the VideoScreenSaver the video wont get appended to a playlist consisting of the last video playlist created by the last running of the VideoScreenSaver, and instead the playlist feature will work as intended.

2.)
after exiting the VideoScreenSaver and then playing a single video normally in kodi, the video wont repeat.

3.)
if Queuing and then playing multiple videos after exiting the VideoScreenSaver the playlist of videos won't be repeated or shuffled. nor will they include videos from the last ran instance of the VideoScreenSaver As per Example 1.)

Also, @Lunatixz
I want to Thank You for adding the Volume settings, "I requested" in your most recent release, and
I would like to ask for additional settings to be added to both the Single, & Multiple sections of your VideoScreenSaver add_on, as well as a tweak to an existing setting in the multiple section.

Please include options for repeat in the add_on settings, of both the Single and Multiple Settings Menu's, so that instead of it automajicly repeating video's while in screensaver mode the user has a choice as to whether or not to have videos repeat when the VideoScreenSaver is active.

The Single Settings section You would add the setting/option to:
1.)
Repeat a single Video

The Multiple Settings section You would add the setting/option to:
1.)
Repeat multiple Videos "whether or not the random/shuffle setting is on or off"

Setting Tweak request for selecting the # of Videos to be played in the Multiple Settings Menu

I ask that when choosing the # of videos to be played , in the multiple section that you allow the user to input an exact number instead of the current options of 5, 25, ETC. So the user has more of a fine tuned control over the # of videos played. F.Y.I., I've noticed that When selecting 5 on this setting, "as it stands currently" the user is in fact only presented with 4 videos to be played When the VideoScreenSaver is active, and when set to 25 you get 24, so its always 1 less than the setting.

This behavior is fine as long as you know what to expect and if you were to incorporate the setting option as i have requested above, the user would simply set the setting to 6 to be presented with 5, or 26 to be presented with 25 Etc. always 1 less than set respectively.

In Summary

So if you were to keep a checklist of my request this list would include 4 Total requests, 1 extended explanation of an existing issue with the clearing of the playlist and its settings upon exiting the VideoScreenSaver, "as explained above toward the beginning of this post" ,2 additions and, 1 tweak to an existing setting.

Issue Explanation extended

1.)
Pertains to this specific Issue thread about the playlist and its settings not being cleared/re-set after exitting the VideoScreenSaver, "Please Read first part of this post for better explanation"

1.a.)
Clear Current Playlist

1.b.)
Re-Set/Clear Repeat Setting of the Current Playlist: Repeat= Off "in spite of what the settings are set to within the VideoScreenSaver Menu for when the VideoScreenSaver is Active".

1.c.)
Re-Set/Clear Shuffle Setting of the Current Playlist: Shuffle= Off "in spite of what the settings are set to within the VideoScreenSaver Menu for when the VideoScreenSaver is Active".

Additions

1.)
add repeat setting to Single Vid Settings Menu

2.)
add repeat setting to Multiple Vid Settings menu

Tweak, ---to existing setting in the Multiple Settings Menu "Setting for # of Vids to be played"---

1.)
Allow the user to input an exact # for selecting the # of Videos to be played from the Multiple Settings Menu, inplace of the existing slider selection with large incremental jumps.

@Lunatixz
Thank you for your ongoing efforts in providing us with a quality add_on,
phatboyj
(2019-04-14, 21:47)phatboyj Wrote:
(2019-04-14, 18:05)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2019-04-14, 17:50)leejk Wrote: Hi, after updating to 1.04 it’s still leaving the current playlist set to Repeat: All after the screensaver exists.

@Lunatixz

I would also like to add , That in addition to the Repeat setting the Current Playlist left behind, and the Shuffle setting should also be cleared/re-set upon exiting the VideoScreenSaver.

So if you were to enter the current playlist after exiting the VideoScreenSaver it should first,show the playlist as being empty, and second, it should show the playlist settings as default with Repeat = Off, and Shuffle = Off. "in spite of what the settings are set to within the
VideoScreenSaver Menu for when the VideoScreenSaver is Active".

That way, Examples1.)
if a user ques a video after exiting the VideoScreenSaver the video wont get appended to a playlist consisting of the last video playlist created by the last running of the VideoScreenSaver, and instead the playlist feature will work as intended.

2.)
after exiting the VideoScreenSaver and then playing a single video normally in kodi, the video wont repeat.

3.)
if Queuing and then playing multiple videos after exiting the VideoScreenSaver the playlist of videos won't be repeated or shuffled. nor will they include videos from the last ran instance of the VideoScreenSaver As per Example 1.)

Also, @Lunatixz
I want to Thank You for adding the Volume settings, "I requested" in your most recent release, and
I would like to ask for additional settings to be added to both the Single, & Multiple sections of your VideoScreenSaver add_on, as well as a tweak to an existing setting in the multiple section.Please include options for repeat in the add_on settings, of both the Single and Multiple Settings Menu's, so that instead of it automajicly repeating video's while in screensaver mode the user has a choice as to whether or not to have videos repeat when the VideoScreenSaver is active.

The Single Settings section You would add the setting/option to:
1.)
Repeat a single Video

The Multiple Settings section You would add the setting/option to:
1.)
Repeat multiple Videos "whether or not the random/shuffle setting is on or off"

Setting Tweak request for selecting the # of Videos to be played in the Multiple Settings Menu

I ask that when choosing the # of videos to be played , in the multiple section that you allow the user to input an exact number instead of the current options of 5, 25, ETC. So the user has more of a fine tuned control over the # of videos played. F.Y.I., I've noticed that When selecting 5 on this setting, "as it stands currently" the user is in fact only presented with 4 videos to be played When the VideoScreenSaver is active, and when set to 25 you get 24, so its always 1 less than the setting.

This behavior is fine as long as you know what to expect and if you were to incorporate the setting option as i have requested above, the user would simply set the setting to 6 to be presented with 5, or 26 to be presented with 25 Etc. always 1 less than set respectively.

In Summary

So if you were to keep a checklist of my request this list would include 4 Total requests, 1 extended explanation of an existing issue with the clearing of the playlist and its settings upon exiting the VideoScreenSaver, "as explained above toward the beginning of this post" ,2 additions and, 1 tweak to an existing setting.

Issue Explanation extended1.)
Pertains to this specific Issue thread about the playlist and its settings not being cleared/re-set after exitting the VideoScreenSaver, "Please Read first part of this post for better explanation"1.a.)Clear Current Playlist1.b.)Re-Set/Clear Repeat Setting of the Current Playlist: Repeat= Off "in spite of what the settings are set to within the VideoScreenSaver Menu for when the VideoScreenSaver is Active".

1.c.)Re-Set/Clear Shuffle Setting of the Current Playlist: Shuffle= Off "in spite of what the settings are set to within the VideoScreenSaver Menu for when the VideoScreenSaver is Active".

Additions1.)add repeat setting to Single Vid Settings Menu2.)add repeat setting to Multiple Vid Settings menuTweak, ---to existing setting in the Multiple Settings Menu "Setting for # of Vids to be played"---

1.)Allow the user to input an exact # for selecting the # of Videos to be played from the Multiple Settings Menu, inplace of the existing slider selection with large incremental jumps.

@Lunatixz
Thank you for your ongoing efforts in providing us with a quality add_on,
phatboyj 

Won't play ANY video source, as advertised. The only thing I wanted this for is to play the stream from the Surveillance add-on, but I get pythons errors on CreateLoader that RTSP is an unsupported protocol. Can we get that support?
Won't play ANY video source, as advertised. The only thing I wanted this for is to play the stream from the Surveillance add-on, but I get pythons errors on CreateLoader that RTSP is an unsupported protocol. Can we get that support?
(2019-05-08, 04:32)blackhole Wrote: Won't play ANY video source, as advertised. The only thing I wanted this for is to play the stream from the Surveillance add-on, but I get pythons errors on CreateLoader that RTSP is an unsupported protocol. Can we get that support?

LOL; would it hurt to request help respectfully? saver plays ANY format supported by Kodi, this includes rtsp; python errors?? I'd need to see a log to confirm the error is generated by my script and not the addon you are trying to use.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video ScreenSaver3