LG Smart Tv WebOs
Hi and welcome to our forums. I used google translate to translate what you have written. I would like to tell you to do the same to be able to write in english for your next postings. This is an english speaking/writing forum and we have no problems if your english is not that good or google translate doesn't translate it well Wink. If there's something we would like to know we simply ask but we don't like to use google translate to understand your postings. So thanks in advance for writing in english for the future.

To answer your question..as you figured it out yourself, Kodi natively installed on TVs will only work if the TV is Android based. There's currently no option to install Kodi on LG TVs as they simply use a different OS. There's nothing we could do about that. If LG doesn't provide Kodi as an app you are completely out of luck in that regard.

The reason for that is, that Android is an open platform which webOS is not. The same counts for all other TVs which don't have Android as its base. So you can't install Kodi on some Sony TVs (unless they use Android which sometimes is the case), Samsung Tvs, LG, Hitachi and whatever brand you might think of
moved to OS independent
If you're asking for a Kodi app for WebOS then it's not going to happen. Someone did look at it but decided is was not worth pursing as there is no hardware decode of video available via the app developer SDK tools.
I started building a client for Kodi that runs on Smart TV LG webos.
As a client, need a Kodi server running on local network to consume the JSON-RPC API.
Communicates through websockets.
It is being implemented in Javascript using REACT JS.
I'm looking for developers for the GUI.
Contributions are welcome!!

see the project on github:
https://github.com/valverde-marcelo/kodi2webos/
As we don't need quite so many resurrected threads and duplicate posts, all are merged together and the waste sent to the bin.

Let's keep this place tidy.

@valverde82 - whilst we appreciate your efforts, please do not spam the forum like that again. Once is enough.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-07-30, 23:03)DarrenHill Wrote: As we don't need quite so many resurrected threads and duplicate posts, all are merged together and the waste sent to the bin.

Let's keep this place tidy.

@valverde82 - whilst we appreciate your efforts, please do not spam the forum like that again. Once is enough.

ok. Sorry for that.
I will create a specific topic.
When do you think a Kodi app download maybe available for LG webOs TV's, I rang LG and they say it cant be done Huh
Dear all,
is possible to download KODI app for LG webOS?

Thank you very much.

T.
No, there is no version of Kodi for webOS.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-04-08, 13:19)nozi.tom Wrote: Dear all,
is possible to download KODI app for LG webOS?

Thank you very much.

T.

Buy a Sony Android TV and Kodi works great on it.
Kodi Mediaplayer; Sony KD-55A89 4K Android TV
(2014-10-10, 10:52)Memphiz Wrote: With all respect - you don't know what you are talking about. The amount of work needed to port XBMC in completeness to a new platform takes around 1.5 man years (that was what the android port lasted - the work was payed by pivos). I think only real major platforms which have a good architecture have even a chance to be a target. All the crappy TV operating systems shit is not worth a shot from a developers POV because when the port is done - LG will have switched to android or something more major and 2 years later you won't even get a TV with WebOS or what its called on it...

Your reasoning was not wrong. Nobody could've guessed that LG would dominate the TV market as they have, and that WebOS would still be a thing in 2021, just interesting to read old posts. 😁

I see there was an attempt to port Kofi but seems to have been abandoned.
Recently it was announced that LG will outsource it's WebOS to other TV manufacturers. Addmitadly it's not the biggest TV brands for now, but could be a trend for the future. 

LG will license its webOS software to other TV brands - The Verge

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LG Smart Tv WebOs0