• 3(current)
Release Play Random Videos - context item and script
I've put together 1.1.0~beta2, which fixes the datetime error and the silly path split error. I've also updated the context menu to 1.0.5 to fix a possible error with certain paths.

For now both of these are only available on my dev repo, or download the installable zip directly, for the script and context item.
Tested the new release without any luck, see an updated log file
http://paste.ubuntu.com/23151077/

I think it is due to a parse error in the properties field?
(2016-09-08, 20:02)DePeut Wrote: Tested the new release without any luck, see an updated log file

I think it is due to a parse error in the properties field?

Navigate up/back one level and open the context menu on the parent directory, and choose "Play Random" from there. It should only show up when selecting lists/directories, so I'll look into hiding it when selecting a video file.

Thanks for reporting these, I don't use the file mode in Kodi much, so stuff like this can get through.
Still not working for me, will post an updated log file tomorrow or Sunday
A bit late, but this is the latest error log http://paste.ubuntu.com/23210772/
(2016-09-21, 12:09)DePeut Wrote: A bit late, but this is the latest error log ...

Edit: I've been able to recreate this error, and a probable fix (but it's for you, I can't do it from the add-on). Add a new video source pointing to "/storage/udisk0/" (this is the actual path to your drive), and you can then access it from either the original source or this new one. My guess is Kodi disallows add-ons to access file paths not configured as sources as a security measure, and it doesn't consider these auto-added drives in that check.

I'll poke around and see if Kodi can be changed to include them, or at least the add-on can show a useful message prompting to add a new source, but until then, this should work.
I've pushed another beta to my repo, this will probably be the last one before 1.1.0 goes to the official repo.

I've merged the Context Item into the script, so the old context item can be removed. Kodi should prompt you to disable the old context item, but if not you can browse through my repository Context menus and remove the "Play Random Video" without the 's'.

I've also changed it to provide a nicer message when accessing external drives, but it still requires you to add then as sources.
can this be added as a sub menu to say: TVSHOWS or Movies
(2016-10-20, 23:30)bennyhanna Wrote: can this be added as a sub menu to say: TVSHOWS or Movies

Do you want them in the sub menu on the home screen?

If your skin uses skin shortcuts, you can configure it with new buttons with the actions RunScript(script.playrandomvideos, "videodb://tvshows/titles/") to play random episodes from all TV Shows in the library, or RunScript(script.playrandomvideos, "videodb://movies/titles/") to play random movies. Otherwise the skin will need to be edited to add new buttons with those actions.
thank you...that's exactly what i needed
I've submitted version 1.1.0 of the script to the official Kodi repo.

The big features from 1.0.3 are playing through the whole list of videos with minimal delay to start, and the context item has been merged in to the script.

Once it has been accepted, Kodi should prompt you to disable the old context item, which can also be uninstalled completely. If you are still seeing two "Play Random" context items, browse through the Kodi repository Context menus and uninstall the "Play Random Video" without the 's' at the end, which should also be marked "Broken".

Edit: I've updated the script to 1.1.0 in my repo, or you can download it directly.
I have a source which is a folder with all my favorite tv shows in it. I'd love to be able to open up the context menu for that source and play a random video from a random show in that folder.

As it is, I can only enter into the source folder and play a random episode from a specific tv show.
/ OSMC on Raspberry Pi 3 / Kodi 17 RC / FireTV Stick /
(2016-11-22, 07:30)leetwanker Wrote: I have a source which is a folder with all my favorite tv shows in it. I'd love to be able to open up the context menu for that source and play a random video from a random show in that folder.

As it is, I can only enter into the source folder and play a random episode from a specific tv show.

Agreed. I will look into this for the next version.

I had initially disabled it for sources because the file system crawler was slow and could easily be confused with a deeper file system, but I've fixed it up in the latest version and that should no longer be a problem.

Edit: Doh! I did add this possibility in the latest version 1.1.0, it just hasn't been updated in the official Kodi repo yet.
Thanks for this post I learn something new every time I visit the forum. I did not know about the bug in the date-mod... Thanks... now to go around the wall and stop headbutting it ROFL... Thanks again...

Sent from my P01MA
Hullo!

Is there a way to make the continuous play off-and-on-able?

I quite often use it to pick a single episode to fall asleep to, and was a little startled this morning to see Kodi still on and running.

I can see the use of having it just constantly fire up another item to the queue, but it would be good if it was an option, maybe a seperate context menu :

Play Random
Play Random (Continuous)

Sorry if I'm missing something simple!
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play Random Videos - context item and script2