• 4(current)
Add-on Issues with Kodi 19.3
Was so happy to see 19.3 on Xbox, tried installing my plugin, that was fine. But when i tried to login with the plugin, i got error... Clean install was a failure, cannot donwload, gets stuck at 1%.
Ive it donwload about 24MB max. Then stopped. Resume will restart the download and will stay at 1%
(2021-10-28, 15:10)gregor_pride Wrote: Was so happy to see 19.3 on Xbox, tried installing my plugin, that was fine. But when i tried to login with the plugin, i got error... Clean install was a failure, cannot donwload, gets stuck at 1%.
Ive it donwload about 24MB max. Then stopped. Resume will restart the download and will stay at 1%

I also had download issues yesterday afternoon. Max 1Mbps, constant "installation stopped" messages. Was very strange. All I can say is it took several tries and within the hour the download speeds suddenly jumped to normal and it did finally install.
(2021-10-28, 00:18)Girth69 Wrote: Also, if anyone is able to watch any anime on 19.3 on Xbox as of now can you drop me a message with the addon details please?

Don't think I can send PMs since I'm new, so apologies for the off-topic response, but I'm able to watch 1080p 265 anime with both FLAC and AAC without any problems (so far). I don't have a 4k TV, unfortunately, but I have Kodi set to match the output's framerate to the source's, I have my audio output set to 5.1, and stereo upmixing enabled. Other than that, I'm not using any plugins other than the scrapers (XEM for anime, list items are broken in the UI but scraping still works) and Up Next.

OT: For anyone who opts for dev mode, bear in mind that system resources are essentially cut in half. It does not utilize the full system, so this may be the cause behind any memory issues you might encounter.
Simple IPTV client is working, but lagging (about 20 seconds to load) when trying to load any channel.
Hope this could get resolved too.

I know we all wish these 19.3 issues will get resolved soon, but among the despair, I'd like to thank the ones working on this.. Appreciate your work and looking forward to get back to using Kodi on Xbox.
I admit to knowing nothing of the inner workings of how all this works... So this may seem like I dumb thing to ask...

But what about downloading a TV scrapper as a zip and manually putting it in that way?

All I really need is a TV scarper that works.. and I'd be all set.. But it has to allow DVD order of TV shows...
(2021-10-28, 23:53)ZennMystic Wrote: All I really need is a TV scarper that works.
My understanding is that this is a Python problem. If you install the XML scraper, it should still work.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=363391
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
That's correct, the xml scrapers should work.
@any kodi devs looking into this

I posted this on slack, but will again here just to make sure it's seen

i noticed that urllib/__init__.py is completely empty (0 bytes)
just making sure its not something silly like xbox doesnt apply permissions correctly to 0 byte files?

Most the other builtin libs __init__.py either have code or a comment like below
Code:
# This directory is a Python package.
maybe a clue - but probably nothingSmile

if that was the issue, just need to add a patch to python build to add the above comment to any empty __init__.py in the built-in lib.
I assume 3rd party libs may be ok as they are outside the sandbox?

There are only a few other built-in libs that have an empty __init__ (https://ibb.co/862CyHD)
So maybe someone with Xbox could try editing the first line of an addon to try import these and see if get same error

Code:
from email.mime import image
or
Code:
from cryptodome.Math import Numbers

they should fail, but then something like
Code:
from sqlite3 import dbapi2
should be ok
(2021-10-28, 23:59)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-10-28, 23:53)ZennMystic Wrote: All I really need is a TV scarper that works.
My understanding is that this is a Python problem. If you install the XML scraper, it should still work.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=363391

That worked like a charm!  When I did a complete re-install I never got or saw that option.

Thank you!
(2021-10-29, 01:53)matthuisman Wrote: @any kodi devs looking into this

I posted this on slack, but will again here just to make sure it's seen

i noticed that urllib/__init__.py is completely empty (0 bytes)
just making sure its not something silly like xbox doesnt apply permissions correctly to 0 byte files?

Most the other builtin libs __init__.py either have code or a comment like below
Code:
# This directory is a Python package.
maybe a clue - but probably nothingSmile

if that was the issue, just need to add a patch to python build to add the above comment to any empty __init__.py in the built-in lib.
I assume 3rd party libs may be ok as they are outside the sandbox?

There are only a few other built-in libs that have an empty __init__ (https://ibb.co/862CyHD)
So maybe someone with Xbox could try editing the first line of an addon to try import these and see if get same error

Code:
from email.mime import image
or
Code:
from cryptodome.Math import Numbers

they should fail, but then something like
Code:
from sqlite3 import dbapi2
should be ok

Tested on Xbox and your theory is confirmed!

I edited addon script.keymap-1.1.3 matrix.1.zip with two variants:

one named test-OK  with  ----> from sqlite3 import dbapi2  ---> runs OK
one named test-NG  with ------> from cryptodome.Math import Numbers  --> fails with permission error

Here test addons used:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/0zwh20f1z...s.rar/file

Installed on Xbox via USB
Neat!

Well if that's actually the issue, the fix is pretty easy. Kodi team will just need to add a patch which adds comments to the 5x zero byte files (https://ibb.co/862CyHD) and then do a 19.4 Smile or re-release just for xbox

Maybe those libs on 18.9 / python2 didn't have the empty __init__ so problem wasn't known then.

In theory a workaround would be to copy urllib into your add-ons folder. That way it should be loaded instead of the built-in with the permission issue
There is also an issue with database migration creating db files but with out of date table structure. A permissions issue is likely the problem there too. That will need a fix too before we roll out anything.
(2021-10-29, 01:53)matthuisman Wrote: i noticed that urllib/__init__.py is completely empty (0 bytes)

A completely normal thing to have. __init__.py file is there for letting Python know that there is a Python package in that directory. It may include package level imports and initializations but doesn't have to include anything either.

If that is indeed the case where an empty __init__.py raises a permission denied error then something else is messed up somewhere else.
@"aprold "
yes, obviously we know __init__ is normal...
If you read the actual posts....
It's even in bold
Quote:just making sure its not something silly like xbox doesnt apply permissions correctly to 0 byte files?
Please dont comment unless you have read and actually have something to contribute.

@jogal
try install this 
https://f.mjh.nz/script.module.six.zip
& this
https://f.mjh.nz/script.module.requests.zip
& any slyguy add-on users would need to install this
https://f.mjh.nz/slyguy.dependencies.zip

I've added urllib into the above libs which should get included before pythons built-in for any packages that have either of them as a dependency.
should fix most add-ons i think until a fixed Kodi version is released
I've left there __init__'s also empty in them, but I suspect because they are not in the sandbox - they will have ok permissions

NOTE:
By manually updating the above - you won't get any future automatic updates for them.
So once Kodi is fixed, go into each of the above, click update and then click the latest version.
That will then put you back on kodis version of the above without the workaround which then will get updates going forward.

If the above actually works - then we at least have a temporary solution Smile

@DaveBlake
I've heard reports of slow addon installs (IPTV Simple) on other platforms. Just stalling etc.
Multiple retires / restarts needed etc.
maybe just incomplete / failed downloads is causing havoc in the migration process and corrupt dbs?
I'm not sure if this is the right place, but is there a fix for the skin shortcuts add-on? I'm having issues on XBOX with Pellucid. On my Linux box everything is working fine, though. I noticed issues with the fTV skin as well.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add-on Issues with Kodi 19.30