Change Skin without looking
Hello I'm relatively new to Kodi, but today, I had a big Problem. I'm using Kodi 19 on a FireTV Cube and installed the fTV Skin from the official repository. When I applied the Skin, the Homescreen was not Loading and I cant See anything except for a notification about an addon update. I already waited like 30 Minutes to load but nothing happened. When I use the remote I can hear the sounds. I already tried restarting Kodi and clearing the cache, but it didnt worked. I cant reset Kodi, because I dont have the Information to attach our familys Samba Server.
Do you have and suggestions how to change the skin without seeing it vor anything else? Is there maybe a way to Start Kodi with disabled addons?
Thanks in regard
Trying uninstalling Kodi and all data?
If you have access to the file system (via a file manager or suchlike) you can do it.

With Kodi not running, go to the userdata (wiki) folder (for Android it's usually Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/ but can vary, and note the .kodi folder is a hidden folder so you'll need to enable viewing hidden files/folders to see it) and you should see a directory with a file guisettings.xml in it.

If you rename that file to something else and then start Kodi, it should recreate it as a factory default one which will include using the default Estuary skin.

You will of course also loose any other GUI setting changes you have made, but if you're more advanced and have suitable apps or access, you can edit the file (it's just a text file) and within that change the skin used.

If you want to try that, look for the line <setting id="lookandfeel.skin">skin.ftv</setting> (or something like that, the lookandfeel.skin line anyway) and change the skin to skin.estuary. It should be fairly near the top of the file. Of course if you're going to try the edit, I would recommend to back the file up first just in case.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change Skin without looking0