Two "little" problems
Now that PVR is grown up to an acceptable level of useability, it's time to adjust some minor things.
First problem is favourites, but I don't know if it depends on kodi or on dvbviewer server itself.
Sometimes if I make changes to the favourites (delete or add channels, change order, etc.) in Dvbviewer, these changes are not reflected in Kodi. Some channels, for example, are missing.
This happens only with favourites (also if I copy the favourites.xml file and use it).
The only thing to do is to start dvbviewer delting the favourites.xml, start the server, let kodi complain there's no favourite file, then closing and restarting all again. Now the favourites in Kodi are the same than in dvbviewer.
But I don't know where's the bug (dvbviewer service or kodi).
The other problem is related to the audio language in channels.
When channels have more than one audio language, only the first is picked up in Kodi, and there's no possibility to choose the others.
I've already enabled to stream all audio languages in dvbviewer recording service interface, but without success.
Last but not least, I've noticed that dvbviewer is slow in channel change compared to other backends (Mediaportal and NextPVR), like 3-4 secs instead of 1-2 secs.
Only with DvbViewer every channel change seems that the graph is built from scratch every time, but it's only my impression.
Dont't know if you have the same symptoms.
Bye,
sdf
(2015-01-19, 11:12)sdfg Wrote: Sometimes if I make changes to the favourites (delete or add channels, change order, etc.) in Dvbviewer, these changes are not reflected in Kodi.

1. Restart RS-Service
  2. Reset the PVR database (Settings -> LiveTV -> General)
(2015-01-19, 11:12)sdfg Wrote: The other problem is related to the audio language in channels.
When channels have more than one audio language, only the first is picked up in Kodi, and there's no possibility to choose the others.
I've already enabled to stream all audio languages in dvbviewer recording service interface, but without success.
Make sure you've checked "All audio streams" in RS configuration dialog: http://en.dvbviewer.tv/en/index.php?titl...s_UPNP.png so Kodi can find the other audio streams. Plus, you can easily make an audio stream the primary: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1671686, 2. Quote
(2015-01-19, 11:12)sdfg Wrote: Last but not least, I've noticed that dvbviewer is slow in channel change compared to other backends (Mediaportal and NextPVR), like 3-4 secs instead of 1-2 secs. Only with DvbViewer every channel change seems that the graph is built from scratch every time, but it's only my impression.
This is known and won't change that soon. At least unless someone implements/integrates a demuxer which avoids the teardown/setup stuff.
@manül,
thank you for answering
(2015-01-19, 16:10)manül Wrote:
  1. Restart RS-Service
  2. Reset the PVR database (Settings -> LiveTV -> General)
I've done that, but nothing changes.
Reset PVR database and also EPG database make re-read channels list but without the changes I've made in DvbViewer..
The only thing that works is start RS without favourites.xml and start it again once copied the modified favourites.xml in CMUV directory.
Meanwhile, I tried also "dvbviewer controller" (a sofware for android) and has the same problem, so I think it is a DvbViewer RS problem, not Kodi.
(2015-01-19, 16:10)manül Wrote: Make sure you've checked "All audio streams" in RS configuration dialog: http://en.dvbviewer.tv/en/index.php?titl...s_UPNP.png so Kodi can find the other audio streams.
I've checked that, but only one stream is found by kodi
(2015-01-19, 16:10)manül Wrote: Plus, you can easily make an audio stream the primary: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1671686
That is a good advice. Will try it as a workaround
(2015-01-19, 16:10)manül Wrote: This is known and won't change that soon. At least unless someone implements/integrates a demuxer which avoids the teardown/setup stuff.
Ok
Thank you,
sdf
Photo 
i wish to confirm as well , changes to the xml in dvbviewer,,,,,kodi does not reflect this...
even after i have reset the prv database
(2015-02-04, 23:01)buttonsni Wrote: i wish to confirm as well , changes to the xml in dvbviewer,,,,,kodi does not reflect this...
even after i have reset the prv database

wish to say this has happened because of certain missing setting from within the dvbviewer.
i now fully understand how the backend interacts with the dvbviewer channel list...
and is now fixed
you HAVE TO STOP the Recording Service and RESTART it after you made changes.
then start kodi again and it will load the new favorites.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Two "little" problems0